B4R Question Error when programme starts - please help

daveinhull

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

Please can someone help
I'm getting this error when the program starts

All the program does is to log "Hello World" and none of my previous programs work, althogh they all complie perfectly.

[IDE message - 12:35:00]
An error occurred.
The system cannot find the file specified

I've tried uninstalling everything and resinatlling, but it still errors

Please help
Dave

Last edited:

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
If you have OneDrive or an other Cloud storage make the starage available also offline, right clicking on the cloud storage desktop application and selecting settings.

Upvote 0

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
Are you sure it is compiled perfectly? Did you see it uploading to the board the sketch?

Upvote 0

daveinhull

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi hatzisn,

Thanks for the quick reply.
Yes definitely compiled ok and I saw it download.

I do have a QNAP NAS which syncs files, and it was set to space saving mode, but its been like this for ages and all worked ok. I've switch that off, but it still errors.
Everything works fine in the Arduino IDE.

The only thing I can think of that I did recently was to uninstall the old Arduino 1.8.11 version now that I installed the 2.2.1 - could this have something to do with the error, but then I've reinstall the Arduino V2.2.1 and then B4R - still the error?

Any other idears?
Thanks

Upvote 0

daveinhull

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,

I went back and uninstalled everything, downloaded everything and followed the instructions to the lett and it now works again.
I think it was something to do with uninstalling the old Arduino V1.8.11.

But it works now, sorry for the panic o_O

I was just about to get my first library wrapper for the Adafruit_GC9A01 libary working, well at least it compiles.

Thanks

Upvote 0

peacemaker

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
java.exe chosen in the paths settings of B4R 4+?

Upvote 0

daveinhull

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi peacemaker,

I think that was actually the problem, was just seeing what I wanted to see previously, but when I followed the instructions (yes I know, always a good thing to do :rolleyes:) and entered everything again.

Thanks 👍

Upvote 0