B4R Question starting to work with ESP 8266 not working

omarruben

Licensed User
Longtime User
hi, I am starting to play with a ESP8266, but none of the examples work... any help? please see the picture , on the logs I see garbage and never the closing logs

Attachments

• 2023-09-24 09_14_24-Window.jpg
    2023-09-24 09_14_24-Window.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 71

omarruben

Licensed User
Longtime User
the picture doesn't help can you attach the example that doesn't work?
thank you, looks like the problem is on the router , after connecting a old router it started to work fine . Must be on 2.4Ghz network, I was using 5Ghz

Upvote 0

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
Also change the 115200 to 9600.

Upvote 0

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
No, 115200 works absolutely fine and has done so for years...

Maybe my viewing window is limited because I have only used WeMos D1 Mini R3 for my projects and ESP32CAM some times. For my viewing window this was the baud rate but I know more than anyone that we should not generalize. If something looks like that, it is not for sure actually like that when you compare friends and "friends".

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Maybe my viewing window is limited because I have only used WeMos D1 Mini R3 for my projects and ESP32CAM some times. For my viewing window this was the baud rate but I know more than anyone that we should not generalize. If something looks like that, it is not for sure actually like that.
I have absolutely no idea what you're trying to say, but I'll respond anyway.

I have many many many boards (as they are cheap enough on AliExpress) including the Wemos D1 mini and the ESP32CAM which I especially enjoy coding for in both B4R and Arduino IDE. 115200 baud rate works perfectly fine with both those development boards too...

Upvote 0

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
It does not for me. I was refering to friends... But you were fast enough to respond before I correct it... :)

Upvote 0