Other ESP-NOW : ESP32 "two way communication"

rabbitBUSH

Licensed User
Readers of this forum may recall the post I sent in some time ago seeking advice about Cell / nRF24 communication between a remote sensor set and a base station.
previous posting : guuooo-tech-iot-ga6 / nRF24L01 comms

Anyway I subscribe to another thread about ESP32 and received these links, showing that Espressif have recognised the need and addressed the issue :

ESP-NOW is a fast "connectionless" communication protocol developed by Espressif that features short packet transmission and allows multiple boards to exchange data without using Wi-Fi
RandomNerds : ESP-NOW getting started

Learn how to establish a two-way communication between two ESP32 boards using ESP-NOW communication protocol. As an example, two ESP32 boards will exchange sensor readings (with a range in open field up to 220 meters ~ 722 feet)
RandomNerds : ESP-NOW link 2

This appears to be an elegant solution to my project (just as I am getting back into the middle of it!) though the range made be just at the limit of what I want to do.....

rabbitBUSH

Licensed User
looking good.. then you need just 220mts :p
Yup, that's within limits, of course some work needed to perhaps Move the project from arduino uno / nano to ESP32..... now if I could just figure out the OLED that won't work I could get back to the project. o_Oo_OšŸ¤Æ

Upvote 0

rabbitBUSH

Licensed User
years ago I used just a couple modules XbeePro with Arduino UNO (300mts)

All the best with your project!!
Thanks the šŸ„µ Part has been the 'other' research on the agricultural science to try and get there..... Cheers....

Upvote 0