B4R Question esp32 type

Hamied Abou Hulaikah

Licensed User
Longtime User
Anyone try this:
esp32.jpeg

Is it the same? of this:

esp32-1.jpg

In my case, I tried and used the second, I want to know about first one. Is it the same in functionality? like if we have working circuit connected to second type, Is it also working if connected with first type?
I see in second type there is a lot of some components not found in first one.

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
Why don't you compare the specifications of these two components? From their pictures it is obvious that the second has also USB access which indicates that there will be a USB to serial converter IC. Also there might be an EEPROM which in the side you present in the first picture there is not. I see also in the second picture something that resembles a voltage regulator which in first picture (in this side) there is not something like this.

Upvote 0

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
Also I believe that if the microcontrollers are the same and you are able to provide to the first some interfaces then it will be business as usual for both.

Upvote 0

RJB

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,
as you can see from your pictures the second (Development module) includes one of the first (Wroom 32).
The development module includes the circuitry that allows progrmming and running of your code plus power supply etc., as Hatzisn says.
You can use the module to develop your code/ product and then use a programmer (around £10/ 10 Euros from China via Ebay etc.) to programme a Wroom 32.
The programmer provides all of the supporting circutry of the development module and a socket for the Wroom 32.
You would then need your own PCB to mount the Wroom 32. This would have to have a minimum amount of support circuitry to allow it to run. It could also include the programming circutry but then gets more complex.
Below is an example board which includes layout for the Wroom 32, a 3.5inch 480x320 display, a micrSD socket etc. It can be populated with just the power components and one or two other parts in order to run code.
Wroom 32 PCB.jpg

Upvote 0

Hamied Abou Hulaikah

Licensed User
Longtime User
Both of you are true.
I was asking about anyone really use the first one, to share us his practice in wiring, flashing etc..

Upvote 0

RJB

Licensed User
Longtime User
You can get all of the information you need by searching the internet, e.g. 'wroom 32 schematic'. The schematics of the Development modules are published. This: https://www.espressif.com/en/producttype/esp32-wroom-32 gives some helpful links. However it does take quite a bit of research and experimentation to learn how to use it.
This https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/b4r-compatible-hardware.142493/#post-904239 might help.
The easiest way to flash a wroom 32 is in the programmer mentioned above. It works the same as the development module so you programme it direct from B4R. If you design a pcb with the programming circuitry included then you also programme it direct from B4R.

Upvote 0

Johan Hormaza

Licensed User
Longtime User
This is a schematic I made in EAGLE
1671834861168.png

This is the model PCBs (Wroom 32) which a bit old. I currently work with the ESP32 C3 in which I also did the PCB design
1671834991556.png

1671835423537.png

All those cards are programmed with B4R

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hamied Abou Hulaikah

Licensed User
Longtime User
This is a schematic I made in EAGLE
View attachment 137236

This is the model PCBs (Wroom 32) which a bit old. I currently work with the ESP32 C3 in which I also did the PCB design
View attachment 137237

View attachment 137238

All those cards are programmed with B4R
Thank you very much for sharing us your real experience, that was I asking about 'real work'
I have a question, Is this esp32 schema true:
1671865201333.png

I imagine it not in real, As you see I don't use any extra wiring, capacitors, resistors ,etc... like yours for esp32 building,
I just wired 3.3V + GND for powering esp32 with 5VDC source, and PIN 34 as output pin controlling something like relay.
In real, this wiring I used it and worked fine with second development esp32 type which is like your last picture.

My real problem 1st esp32 type is not with me, my remote customer want to send me 3000x units of it!!! I don't used it before!

Upvote 0

RJB

Licensed User
Longtime User
First thing: don't connect 5V to the 3.3V supply input! Without checking I think the maximum is 3.6V.

Upvote 0

RJB

Licensed User
Longtime User
You might be able to get it working like that but a minimum of some decoupling (capacitor) on the supply near the Wroom 32 and some protection on the output if it's driving a relay would be wise. The programme would obviously be fixed and presumably uploaded to the 32 beforehand.
These are available at very little cost via Ebay etc. and would make it much easier to programme/ use:
ESP32 Adaptor.jpg

Upvote 0

Hamied Abou Hulaikah

Licensed User
Longtime User
You might be able to get it working like that but a minimum of some decoupling (capacitor) on the supply near the Wroom 32 and some protection on the output if it's driving a relay would be wise. The programme would obviously be fixed and presumably uploaded to the 32 beforehand.
These are available at very little cost via Ebay etc. and would make it much easier to programme/ use:
View attachment 137256
I don't searching alternatives or workaround, I'm asking about the 1st picture in 1st post exactly.
In my local area it is not found.
So I'm asking who try it?

Upvote 0