ESP8266 + Firebase + iOS app + Android app needed

ScottR

We have a project that I'm considering having migrated over to the B4X platform. I have just discovered this platform and it looks pretty cool. The project is fairly straightforward - it's a garage door opener module that will allow a user to open / close their garage door with their phone, and also send notifications when the door is opened / closed. When the user is local (in the same LAN as the module) it doesn't require the internet connection to control the door (internet still required for notifications as those come through Firebase). When the user is not at home, all controls and notifications flow through Firebase.

What we have so far:

Hardware design is finished.

ESP8266 native source code that has all functions already implemented except for the Firebase integration. It currently uses the Espressif IoT server.

The example mobile apps from Espressif already contain much of the functionality we need, but I'm not sure how easily any of the code could be ported over to the B4X platform. We might need to start from scratch.

So to start with, the minimum we need is:

ESP8266 code that:

Will toggle digital outputs upon receipt of a command
Send a status update to Firebase whenever a door switch status changes
Illuminate a status LED (solid when wifi connected, flashes when not connected)
Audio PWM signal on an output pin to drive a piezo buzzer
Reset button function
Secure communication both locally with the router and remotely with Firebase

iOS and Android apps that:
Allows users to input their PWD, and pass the SSID and PWD for the router to the ESP8266 so it can join the network (see the "autoconfig" function from Espressif for an idea of this)
Have an "Add Devices" screen that allows a user to easily scan for a new device and add it to their account
Receive push notifications through Firebase when the ESP8266 detects a door switch status change
Can send commands to the ESP8266 to toggle digital outputs when the user taps on an icon

Additional features to follow under NDA.

ScottR

Thanks Erel. Yes, I saw this example before and it is what made me think this could be a good platform to use. However, I am not a software developer and I currently don't have time to learn. I can read code and figure it out, but that's certainly not the same as being able to write code. I am looking to hire someone to create the finished software for me. Certainly the code examples in the various tutorials and repositories are all great demonstrations of various aspects of what I need, but I'm trying to keep this simple and just hire someone that will hand me finished software based upon an agreed SOW (statement of work). I have read the threads about constantly changing project scopes and I can assure everyone that is not the case here. I have done product development for 20 years and I'm fully aware that "scope creep" is the killer of "minimum viable product" and creates additional stress and delays.