Essential libraries

HotShoe

Licensed User
Longtime User
What libraries do you find yourself using often or always that are not included with B4A? I want to give some recognition to the developers that do add on libraries, classes, and code modules for B4A.

For example, I use Andy's (agraham) excellent Threading library in virtually all of my apps.

I also use my own MLstings string library in almost all of my projects. After all, that's why I wrote it.

What are the libraries that you would hate to do without? We might not pay them with money, but we can pay them with a bit of recognition.

--- Jem

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
Margret's StringFunctions, Erel's PreferenceActivity, Informatix AnimationPlus are my favourites

I dislike SpeechRecognizer because of support loss.

This is not a library but I would like to name Vader's B4a Object Browser as a really liked tool too.
And I did forgot the B4A HelpViewer 0.93, I still use while on the road...

Last edited:

thedesolatesoul

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
corwin42's libs: AHNavigationDrawer, AHViewPager, AHActionbar, StdActionbarHelper (I think these all should be included in standard B4A installations), without these you can barely create a Standard app

barx's libs: NotificationBuilder

agrahams: Reflection (superceded in most cases by JavaObject), Dialogs (although I dont use it in modern apps, its pretty amazing), Threading, RichString

warwounds: LabelExtras, TouchImageview, OSM, WebviewExtras

Informatix: GestureDetector, NineOldAndroids (i use this everywhere)

lte5000

Licensed User
Longtime User
In my first (and only) published Android app I used the following:

AHPreferenceActivity - by corwin42
Notification Builder - by barx
ActionBar - by Informatix
id (inputList) - by Maximus

Thanks guys!

inakigarm

Licensed User
Longtime User
Most used

AHlocale- corwin42
Animation Plus -informatix
Notificación Builder-barx
Actionbar-informatix

And some classes/code snippets from klaus & donmanfred

keirS

Licensed User
Longtime User
BigNumbers - Agraham
ByteConverter - Agraham
RichString - Agraham
Threading - Agraham
PreferenceActivity - CorWin42
TreeView - Derez
MaskedEditext - Informatix
GetureDetector-Informatix
ScollView2d - Informatix

The library which has saved me the most time is Informatix's Ultimate List View. It may be a paid for library but its worth every cent int terms of time saved.

Informatix

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I use mainly my own libs (I even rewrote some of the standard ones). Not very surprising... Otherwise I use the libs created by Corwin42 (e.g. AHViewPager) and Agraham (e.g. ByteConverter). For multithreading, I use only CallSubExtended, a lib provided with UltimateListView.
I avoid at all costs the libraries written by people who left the forum.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…