Share My Creation experimental Powered air purifying respirator

JagiChan

Amazing engineering. Thanks for showcasing such a complex device.

mohamed AaL

Dear freedom2000

Honest greetings and respect

we are group of (nonprofit) researcher’s& students working on method to combat covid19 in Africa

we are impressed about your grate project (experimental Powered air purifying respirator) this project can save people life in Africa.

we are working on emergency ventilator based on rice university project

https://github.com/apollobvm

we are trying to integrate your spirometer design in the (apollobvm ventilator project) please can you help us with

software (source code for ) spectrometer monitoring & calibration on screen using serial port show consistent real time loop with no mobile application no phone only we have stm32 micro controller

our screen options

• 7.5 Inch Bare e-Paper Screen + Driver Board Onboard ESP8266 +spi interface
https://www.banggood.com/Waveshare-...-p-1478331.html?rmmds=search&cur_warehouse=CN

• Nextion Enhanced NX8048K070 7.0 Inch HMI Intelligent Smart USART UART Serial Touch TFT LCD Module
https://www.banggood.com/7_0-Inch-N...p-1229187.html?rmmds=myorder&cur_warehouse=CN

please can you help us with software (source code for ) spectrometer monitoring & calibration on windows pc ?

we are happy if you give us any hardware software suggestion & learning source to modify and implement the spirometer monitoring –calibration source code

Regards

Mohamed Aal

id170072@aou.edu.sd

please see our attached files

thanks a lot in advance and god bless you

freedom2000

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Mohamed,

Thank you for the interest on my PAPR

As I said in the introduction this device shouldn't be considered as a medical one...

The spirometer code is included in the source dode in post 9

On the android side I simply multiply the tidalvolumes sent by the the ESP by a "calibration coefficient" :
maxTidalVol1 = tidalVol1*manager.GetString("BlowCalib")
maxTidalVol2 = tidalVol2*manager.GetString("BreathCalib")

I have determined the "BlowCalib" parameter simply by blowing into a big 5 liters bottle filled with water. My lungs air was redirected into the bottle with a pipe.
The bottle was upside down into water. So the air enters the bottle and the water escapes until your lungs are fully empty.
Then return the bottle and weigth it or add water to determine the volume.
Perform the same thing (blow unil your lung is empty) with the spirometer, get the raw value and determine the "BlowCalib" coeff.

Then breathe until your lungs are filled and get the raw value from the spirometer. Assume that the breathing volume is the same as the blowing one and compute the second coefficient..

As you may understand it is a very very coarse calibration... But it gives quite good result as a first approximation of tidal volumes.
So my advice would be NOT to use this spirometer as a medical device...

Finally, the BMP280 have a tendency to drift during time. So my "differential sensor" is not really compensated during long time usage... You should try to find a better (real) differential pressure sensor...

Once again, please do not use this experimental device as a respirator... even though it is very promissing, don't consider it as medical device ...

freedom2000

Licensed User
Longtime User
Great Work...

Could You share B4A source to make this sharing more complete?
thanks

HI,

Sorry, I will not give the Android code.
It is not a "secret code" it only allows to draw the curves and send/receive values with the ESP32 over BLE. Nothing complex and plenty of exemples to do this in this forum
The reason not to give this code is that I really do not want people to try to reassamble this device with "my code" it is just a matter of legal responsibility. I hope you understand !

Mark Turney

Licensed User
Longtime User
Incredible and inspiring! I spent the last 20 of my 30 plus full-time working years in healthcare IT, 9 of which was with PHILIPS in their healthcare division. So from that perspective, I tip my hat to you!

freedom2000

Licensed User
Longtime User
Incredible and inspiring! I spent the last 20 of my 30 plus full-time working years in healthcare IT, 9 of which was with PHILIPS in their healthcare division. So from that perspective, I tip my hat to you!
Thank you Mark !
During the first week of COVID19 lockdown I had been asked by Paris Hospital (Pitié Salpêtrière) to help them to design a "mac Gyver" solution for a very low cost respirator.
I got the inspiration for my PAPR from this study.
I must say that B4X suite was a great help to prototype such a system in a very very short delay !

But as I say it's no longer a medical device !

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…