Share My Creation Lora Weather Station

Hi all,

Here is my latest creation: a Lora Weather Station.
It can measure
  • rain
  • Air and soil temperature
  • Relative humidity
  • Soil moisture
  • Wind speed and direction
  • Solar radiation
  • Pressure
The project is fully open source and open hardware. It is described on my hackaday's page : https://hackaday.io/project/191652-long-range-weather-station

Source code will be soon published.
This project will be submited to the hackaday's 2023 prize, so, please don't hesitate to follow and like it on hackaday

weatherStation.jpg
weatherStation2.jpg
Wind_Direction.jpg

The system is solar powered and does not need wifi to work (at least at the station location !). Communication between station to base can be Lora or ESPNow.
I have tested it with more than 3km range.

But where is B4A ?
Well, I needed to calibrate the wind anemometer, so I wrote a quick and dirty App allowing to capture rotation speed of the cups and Smartphone GPS speed.
If you take all this into a car and drive at quite constant speed, a no wind day, then you can correlate car/wind speed and cup rotation.

calibration1.jpg

And once sorted into increasing speed then the linear law appears !

calibration2.jpg

imbault

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi JP, as inventive as ever I see, bravo for this achievement !

Patrick

toby

Licensed User
Longtime User
It's very interesting and I'm impressed indeed.

félicitation!

toby

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm interested in how your B4A app communicates with the device via lora. Could you show some relevant code?

Merci

freedom2000

Licensed User
Longtime User
The B4A app is a "quick and dirty" App which communicates with the ESP32 using BLE.
There is no way to communicate from B4A to ESP32 using lora.
Lora communication is done using Radiolib library (arduino)
If interested in this communication then you should read my "Rezodo project" here : https://hackaday.io/project/190577-rezodo-long-range-irrigation-and-weather-station

It's a quite long and somehow complex project. But source code is available as well as deep explainations on how all this works
You will learn to configure and run "Farm Data Relay" library to setup this mesh network

3devicesNetwork.jpg