Android Question [Firestore lib] how to create new Document into Collection ?

peacemaker

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
HI, All

Who is able to use the lib ?
How to create a new document (record) in a collection (table) ?
No any example on the forum.
I mean example of a new abstract collection (not built-in "Drivers" in the lib itself...)

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
B4X:
    Dim loc As GeoPoint
    loc.Initialize(50.833598,6.4411892)
    Dim fahrer As Driver
    fahrer.Initialize("DonManfred","DonManfred","Manfred","Private",loc,"","Düren")
    Log("Adding new Data")
    Usercoll.add2(fahrer)

Usercoll is the CollectionReference of the users collection for ex.

Upvote 0

peacemaker

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I mean without "Driver" as some pre-existing helper.
OK, i cannot setup the Firestore, i guess, some global setting is needed.
If anyone tried to start working with Firestore - please, share your setup steps.

Upvote 0

peacemaker

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Sure, i just replied here to the topic. But lib, yes, no idea why, but useless for me :(, impossible to use.
But i'm interested to see more topics and descriptions how to setup and use it, in the future, re-pay is not a problem. It's just upset for the first time when i could not able to make something with B4A.
Maybe later other lib users will detail how to setup it more correct. Maybe some extra API settings...

Upvote 0

peacemaker

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Ah, forgot to say - yesterday i tried also to create a new Firebase project, and setup it anew.
The same negative result.

Don, just a suggestion to you - try to setup also a new project, but document\screenshot each step, and use some test-project that can be published as the formal example, and without helper class, but just some abstract new collection and doc inside it.
And if it will also be successful (as you already did with your current FB project) - it will be useful for your paying customers. Now this one lib looks for me not fully ready to be paid for, since i am so stupid that could not setup and use.

Upvote 0