iOS Question FIXED - Error: can't be transparent nor contain an alpha channel

Robert Valentino

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm getting the can't be transparent nor contain an alpha channel error when trying to use B4i -> upload load to iTunes connect.

I've used a lot of different tools to look at my icon and re-saved it many times.
I'm sure there is no transparent color or alpha channel

Can this error mean something else.

NOTES:
Using host builder
I do have a app-specific password and am using it (otherwise I was getting other errors)
I only have one icon in my Files\Special icon-store-1024.png and it meets all the requirements 1024x1024

Please any help

Thanks

BobVal

B4X:
Uploading ipa file.
Submitting app (this step can take several minutes to complete).
Error: *** Error: Error uploading 'BBsViewer.ipa'.
*** Error: Invalid App Store Icon. The App Store Icon in the asset catalog in 'BBsViewer.app' can't be transparent nor contain an alpha channel. With error code STATE_ERROR.VALIDATION_ERROR.90717 for id 6c61ba4b-2419-43ae-9288-92070034322c Asset validation failed (-19208)
 {
    NSLocalizedDescription = "Invalid App Store Icon. The App Store Icon in the asset catalog in 'BBsViewer.app' can't be transparent nor contain an alpha channel. With error code STATE_ERROR.VALIDATION_ERROR.90717 for id 6c61ba4b-2419-43ae-9288-92070034322c";
    NSLocalizedFailureReason = "Asset validation failed";
}

Pendrush

Licensed User
Longtime User
Image can contain alpha channel without being transparent. You have one in your icon/image probably and need to be removed.

Upvote 0

Pendrush

Licensed User
Longtime User
B4X:
The App Store Icon in the asset catalog in 'BBsViewer.app' can't be transparent nor contain an alpha channel

Upvote 0

Robert Valentino

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've tried different editors on this guy and see nothing

Just something I made quick.

Attachments

• icon-store-1024.png
    icon-store-1024.png
    159.4 KB · Views: 80
Upvote 0

Pendrush

Licensed User
Longtime User
Image have alpha channel. Image have 3 hole in it. Marked with Magenta color in blue circle.

1649536460008.png

Upvote 0

Robert Valentino

Licensed User
Longtime User
As you were posting I was posting.

Think I figured it out. I found a program online that removed the alpha channel and it showed that I had little areas that look transparent

Thanks I am sure this will fix my problem.

Attachments

• output-onlinepngtools.png
    output-onlinepngtools.png
    22.6 KB · Views: 76
Upvote 0