Flash Issue HoneyComb 3.2.1

margret

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have an APP that works fine on Android 2.2 and 2.3 but will not load any flash content on HoneyComb 3.2.1. This is on an ASUS Eee Pad. I've tried the Reflections library also after it did not work with B4A 1.6. Any ideas how to get the flash content in a webview to show? The flash runs fine in the stock browser.

Thanks,

Margret

margret

Licensed User
Longtime User
Error In Manifest

Hello Erel,

I tried that and get the following error:

Compiling generated Java code. 2.41
Convert byte code - optimized dex. 1.60
Packaging files. Error
AndroidManifest.xml:8: error: No resource identifier found for attribute 'hardwareAccelerated' in package 'android'

Any Ideas, anyone??

Thanks,

Margret

Upvote 0

margret

Licensed User
Longtime User
SDK Version

It probably needs to be compiled with Android 11 or later for that attribute to be recognised.

Hello Agraham,

I think that's it. I am using SDK 8 because I want the same APK to run on 2.2 and up. Anyway you know to get the flash working on Honeycomb 3.2.1 while using SDK Level 8?

Thank You,

Margret

Upvote 0

margret

Licensed User
Longtime User
Update

I compiled with version 11 and it compiles fine with the android:hardwareAccelerated. However, it still does not run flash content. The page loads fine and no ? where the flash should be, it's just blank where the flash content should run. The fact there is no question mark, seems to indicate it knows that flash support is there, just not enabled. Any Ideas??

Thanks,

Margret

Upvote 0

margret

Licensed User
Longtime User
Flash For HoneyComb 3.2.1

None I'm afraid! :(

I got it going! For others that may want to know. There is an issue in the Adobe Flash Player previous to ver. 10.3.186.3. I updated Flash and I had already added the android:hardwareAccelerated="true". Now it all works just fine! Here's some info.

Adobe seems to be constantly dealing with security vulnerabilities and other issues with Flash Player, creating updates almost weekly now. They released another one today, version 10.3.186.3, that has several fixes and enhancements.
•Enabled NEON optimizations for OMAP4 (Cortex A-9) based devices.
•Corrected an issue on the Samsung Galaxy S where H.264 video at resolutions of 720p and below was not displayed.
•Fixed an issue where app packaging would fail for Android Apps using Flash Player in WebView that set android:hardwareAcceleration to True in their AndroidManifest.xml.•Fixed a crash on the HTC EVO that some users encountered with specific video.
•Fixed an issue that caused video frames to stop rendering on long streaming videos (> 1 hour) on some Motorola devices.
•Fixed an issue where touch events were getting delayed with Kongregate.com games.
•Fixed an issue where games on Kongregate.com freeze when users exit from Full-Screen mode.

Thanks,

Margret

Last edited:
Upvote 0