Android Question Flexgrid Header

David Hawkins

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all how can I populate the header row of a flexgrid with a date, selected from the difference between two dates. i.e. 30 days in a month I would like to show that in the header. I can create a list and populate the list but then I need to change that into an Array of String before I can use it. I'm obviously not thinking properly as I have come back from major surgery and still feeling a bit heady. I know I should be able to work this out but at the moment I can't.

Many regards
David

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
If you want to change only the single column name it is not necessary to send all the arai containing all the column names. Use the SetColName method.
SD_Flexgrid.SetColName (ColumnIndex As Int, Name As String)

I wish you a speedy recovery

Upvote 0

David Hawkins

Licensed User
Longtime User
Star-Dust, thank you for your reply that does exactly what I want just another question can we freeze the first two columns of the grid?
bit cheeky I know!!
Regards
David
PS thank you for the health comment

Upvote 0

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
If you want to freeze one or two columns see this example which uses two grids to achieve that result.

I plan in the future to add a function to freeze columns

Upvote 0

David Hawkins

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Star-Dust
Yes just checked it out and it a similar technique to a system I built for a friend of mine. I will look into that in the morning again thank you for your assistance. I need to reward you some way with a donation but I am not sure the level that is generally paid?

Many regards
David

Upvote 0

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It is a freeware library, no donation is required

Upvote 0

David Hawkins

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Star-Dust
OK tried the two flexgrid method and that works great does what I want, next question is there a way of accessing the text in a Header Cell, I know I can set it with FlexGrid1.SetColName(index, "Title") can I get it with something like FlexGrid1.GetColName(index)) is that a function that you could add?

Many regards
David

Upvote 0

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
B4X:
FlexGrid.ColsName As String()

log(FlexGrid.ColsName(1))

Upvote 0