Android Question Font size adjusts in Emulator but not on Tablet (solved)

Colin Evans

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi, hopefully, someone can explain why this is happening, when I run my application on the emulator through AVD Manager the fonts use on the calculator bit of the app auto adjust but when I run it on the tablet they don't. I can alter the size in the designer but they are too small on the tablet to be useful

I'd love to find a way that all of the fields used would fill the space, whether they be Buttons, Labels, or text, is this possible?
Attached are the screenshots, one from the emulator and one from the 11" tablet

Attachments

• off tablet.jpg
    off tablet.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 40
  • Screenshot_1707398952.png
    Screenshot_1707398952.png
    65 KB · Views: 47

Colin Evans

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel, yes autoScale is in the script and the original font size is set in the designer, I've installed it on my phone (screenshot ) and it seems okay but on the tablet it only shows the top half of the numbers

Attachments

• Screenshot (8 Feb 2024 14_07_30).png
    Screenshot (8 Feb 2024 14_07_30).png
    113.7 KB · Views: 37
Upvote 0

Colin Evans

Licensed User
Longtime User
I changed show title to off and full screen on and it made a little difference but works okay on the emulator and mobile but not tablet
The emulator is set to 10", phone is 6" and tablet is 11"

Attachments

• emulator.png
    emulator.png
    64.8 KB · Views: 37
  • mobile.png
    mobile.png
    113.7 KB · Views: 39
  • tablet.png
    tablet.png
    64.8 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Colin Evans

Licensed User
Longtime User
Shelby many thanks, I changed the padding on all of the calculator buttons to -5,0,0,0 and it works perfectly on all devices, weird I've never had that on my other apps

Thanks again

Upvote 0

Colin Evans

Licensed User
Longtime User
Great, I'm often concerned that I'll sound stupid here but it seemed possible that the designer would be the key to your dilemma.
I think like you I'm afraid to ask certain questions or answer some because the forum content seems to be mainly aimed at serious programming and developers alike, I'm only programming for myself mainly to keep the old grey matter alive and some of the content, well most of the content is well out of my reach.
I'm just glad that there are good-minded people on the forum, who give their advice to novices like me, thanks again

Upvote 0

Shelby

Licensed User
the forum content seems to be mainly aimed at serious programming and developers alike,
Funny, you've been here for two and a half years longer than I and you are a novice. Here a novice can help a novice. What a great place. By the way, I'm impressed that you edited the title of the thread to show you found a solution. My webmaster experience made me think of the padding idea.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Colin Evans

Licensed User
Longtime User
Funny, you've been here for two and a half years longer than I and you are a novice. Here a novice can help a novice. What a great place. By the way, I'm impressed that you edited the title of the thread to show you found a solution.
I think I'm somewhat older than most on the forum, whilst I used to program at a high level it was in MUMPS, a brilliant and powerful language but that was twenty years ago, so I looked at VB6 and played with that creating interfaces to other systems for clients, that ended when I retired and started having a go at B4A, B4J, I've created loads of useful applications for myself, and because you tend to forget things as you get older I rely on the forum, and it's one of the best communities there is., long may it continue šŸ˜

Upvote 0