forelayer drawing flashing and jumping

Discussion in 'Basic4ppc Wishlist' started by hung, Aug 22, 2007.

1. hung

hung Member Licensed User

When I set form1.forelayer = true, then draw background on form1, and drawimage on forelayer, doesn't matter I use form1.refresh or drawer.refresh2, the screen is flashing.

However if I don't set forelayer and draw both background and image on form1 (background layer), I have to use form1.refresh (drawer.refresh2 does not work?) but then no flahsing.

I guess it is due to forelayer and background layer are refreshed seperatly so I see background refresh covers forelayer (forelayer off), then forelayer refresh (forelayer on).

Hope this performancce (flashing) issue can be solved in next version. Then I can use forelayer to draw smooth animation.

Regards,

2. tsdt

tsdt Active Member Licensed User

Hi,

I find that this issue is rather annoying as well. I am developing a program to test the product, and it flashes so much that other people thought that it is the matter of the product. In which case, I have to explain to the is the program that cause this problem (rather embarrassing). I was wondering is there anyway I could overcome this?

I noticed that small screen is ok, but, when it reaches bigger screen, it is having a lot of problems.

Any idea?

:icon_clap:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice