Android Question Foscam IP camera Demo application .so files

jazzzzzzz

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have done the a project for playing camera feed using RTSP links from IPcamera by videoview,But the stream from IPcamera haves a G711 audio codec..so video does not plays...

Am attaching a demo android project which shows IPcamera view in android.The App is an official Foscam company created application..Here video works perfectly with no delay at all..Better than playing using Mxplayer..

http://www.mediafire.com/download/n8krzb0jo18fux5/FoscamIPC.zip
Size is above 512kb so i cant upload here.

Here I want to make the same app in basic4android but i want to play 4 videos simultaneously..they are using some .so file libraries so i think i can use it in B4A but dont know how to play videos using those files...Can somebody look into code and gave me direction to create the app in B4A???

warwound

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Open the FoscamIPC demo source code and look at the LiveView.java class.
It defines a VideoView class (not to be confused with other similarly named classes).

This looks to be the best starting point to create a b4a library.
The FoscamIPC VideoView class extends the android View class.
So extracting the FoscamIPC VideoView class from the LiveView class and making it a public class is a start.
The extracted class can now be refactored to FoscamVideoView and wrapped into a b4a objectFoscamVideoViewWrapper.
FoscamVideoViewWrapper can now expose methods of the FoscamVideoView to b4a.

The Foscam SDK is a comprehensive library though with many features and the above is a very simplified view of what you need to do to have access to some of the SDK's features from b4a.

Attached is an Eclipse project that shows everything i've mentioned.
Extract Foscam_B4A to your computer, and import it into Eclipse.
The com.ipc.b4a package contains the 2 classes i have created - this is where you'll need to work.
I have compiled the library and included Foscam.jar and Foscam.xml but have not tested these at all and seriously doubt that the library will work as it is - it's just a proof of concept to get you started!.

[edit]Ooops the attachment is too large to attach so i've uploaded it to here: http://b4a.martinpearman.co.uk/temp/Foscam_B4A.zip[/edit]

Martin.

Upvote 0

cas6678

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank warwound. I could downloaded your library but i found another problem, there is no demo to run.
I'm newer and i would appreciate any help.
May be a simple demo.

Upvote 0

Jerez

Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

warwound

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
+1 where is the demo? thanks!

I have compiled the library and included Foscam.jar and Foscam.xml but have not tested these at all and seriously doubt that the library will work as it is - it's just a proof of concept to get you started!.

The library files were just some skeleton code left for the original poster to try and complete - there was no demo b4a project.

Upvote 0