Android Question Frecuency ads in AdMob

angel_

Licensed User
Longtime User
In AdMob I limit the frequency of ads, for example, limit 1 ad / 8 hours, but sometimes two ads appear in a row and it is very annoying for the user, is there any way to make it work properly, I don't want to limit it within the code since I modify it through admob without having to update the App.

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
the 2 in a row is that inbetween app starts?

if that's the case then it's normal as it (re)counts (again) from the active session.

I used the admob setting for a while but as I added another provider as backup I decided to do it in code.

But indeed, you need to renew the app or add a download of that setting from a server to make i more flexible.

Upvote 0

angel_

Licensed User
Longtime User
the 2 in a row is that inbetween app starts?

if that's the case then it's normal as it (re)counts (again) from the active session.
No, I call the ad when entering a certain section

I used the admob setting for a while but as I added another provider as backup I decided to do it in code.

But indeed, you need to renew the app or add a download of that setting from a server to make i more flexible.
Is it possible to check the number of successful calls before launching a new ad without a server?

Upvote 0

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
yes, I do the opposite to display an ad block notification.

for your case you can use _receiveAd or _adClosed then you're sure it was displayed.

Upvote 0