Android Question FTP: FileZIlla FTP Server Versus Microsoft Windows FTP Server 2008

Mahares

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I can only send files to a FIlezilla server using FTP.Passivemode= False and WiFi is ON. It would not work with passivemode=true. If I turn WiFi OFF or there is no WiFi in the area, I cannot send files using cellular from a phone. No errors show.
When I use the same exact FTP application as used above and send files to a Microsoft Windows 2008 server with FTP.Passivemode=True , I can send and receive files whether WiFi is ON or OFF without any problems.
Can anybody help me with some ideas on what to do to get the Send/Receive process to FIlezilla server to work when no WiFI is present. I do not think the problem is with my code as sending/receiving to Microsoft Server works well, unless something I can change in my code to accommodate FIlezilla or maybe the problem is with the settings in Filezilla server.
Thank you very much

Mahares

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Is your FileZilla server configured to allow passive requests?
The Passivemose is TRUE on the server as reported to me by IT, but we can only send/receive via WiFi by changing to passivemode=False. But no cellular by any method. Is there anywhere else to look for clues?

Upvote 0

ggpanta

Licensed User
Longtime User
The connection over WiFi is a different interface with a different route than the wired one, probably the AP you connect to doesnt allow this, you can ask them to either allow it or provide you with a number of ports you can use for passive

Upvote 0