Android Question FTP Project - Pruebas

Intelemarketing

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am using the Pruebas project to try to get FTP working.

Pruebase Project can be found here as a ZIP .. (near bottom of threads)
https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/android-ftp-tutorial.10407/#content (cant attach - says the zipped file is too large)

I get it to compile and run on my Android Phone.
First I tried it as-is - (having checked that the FTP Site and Credentials work using Filezilla - THEY DONT)
Ran it anyway to see what happens - Nothing - No errors - nothing

So then I change the site and credentials to my own FTP Site
I think I have set up my FTP website/Folders etc correctly - which I have been using for years using NCFTP and DOS Batch Files successfully.

When I run the program on my Android phone it gives no errors - nothing

I was hoping at least for some response but am not sure where to put the error messages

============================================================

Before I go any further with Pruebas Project - Is there another example which works that I can download please ? (Pruebas is a download project -I need an upload project)
I am finding lots of code snippets but it would help if I could run something that worked - FTP Client is what I need - To Upload a text file from an Android Phone to my FTP Website

Thanks

Intelemarketing

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have changed the file I am downloading - making it a much larger file - AND IT WORKS !!! (I had a Slash missing in my path name also, I think - fixed !)
I need to know WHERE it downloaded the file to (in the Phone) ?
I notice in the project if I scroll down to the bottom, there is code for UPLOADING (which is what I need)
I will try to work with this - just need to know where the data is coming down to or going up from the phone - Is it a Folder Name I need to create in the Phone with code ?

Thanks

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
just need to know where the data is coming down to or going up from the phone - Is it a Folder Name I need to create in the Phone with code ?
B4X:
FTP.DownloadFile("/somefolder/files/1.zip", False, File.DirRootExternal, "1.zip")
In this case File.DirRootExternal is the path to download files to.
The path you set must exists.

Note that this path needs the use of runtimepermissions.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Intelemarketing

Licensed User
Longtime User
B4X:
FTP.DownloadFile("/somefolder/files/1.zip", False, File.DirRootExternal, "1.zip")
In this case File.DirRootExternal is the path to download files to.
The path you set must exists.

Note that this path needs the use of runtimepermissions.
Thank you so much Don - While it looks unfamiliar to me it WORKS !!!

Upvote 0