B4J Question FTPServer in Windows 10 Explorer (map network drive)

wl

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

I'm trying to use the B4J FTP server (https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/t...mplemented-with-socket-and-asyncstreams.74320) to be used in Windows 10 explorer and have it as a mapped drive, but this does not seem to work.

After connection and login I get:

"An error occurred opening that folder on the FTP Server. Make sure you have permissions to access that folder. Details: 200 227 ..."

The server log is:

Number of clients: 1
client: USER Test
client: PASS test
User logged in: Test
client: opts utf8 on
client: PWD
client: CWD /
CurrentPath: /
client: TYPE A
client: PASV
client: noop
client: CWD /
CurrentPath: /
client: TYPE A
client: PASV
DataConnection_Close

Thanks !

rboeck

Licensed User
Longtime User
It seems for me, that you mix two different things: You can use ftp server, but it is not the same like mapped drives: for mapped drives you have to use smb protocol, and for windows 10 you have to switch to smb2 or smb3, because by default the older smb1 protoll is not installed.

Upvote 0

wl

Licensed User
Longtime User
It seems for me, that you mix two different things: You can use ftp server, but it is not the same like mapped drives: for mapped drives you have to use smb protocol, and for windows 10 you have to switch to smb2 or smb3, because by default the older smb1 protoll is not installed.

I thought in Windows you can map a ftp:// URL to a "mapped network drive". Starting to doubt now though ...

Last edited:
Upvote 0