Getting started with B4i from B4A. Where to start?

giggetto71

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi guys,
Happy new year to everyone!
Working on the 2021 targets I am inclined to add a "port one B4A app to B4i".
Is there a suggested path to follow?
Right now I don't have any mac nor iPhone. I only have an iPad.
Some questione:
- do I need a mac or can i use windows
- do I need an actual iPhone or an ipad would work or maybe there are emulators for iphone?
- is there a wizard to port an existing project from b4a to b4i?
- does anyone know the cost of joining the apple store? I guess that would be similar to the Google developer console...

Sorry many questions.....
Thanks for some answers..

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi guys,
Happy new year to everyone!
Working on the 2021 targets I am inclined to add a "port one B4A app to B4i".
Is there a suggested path to follow?
Right now I don't have any mac nor iPhone. I only have an iPad.
Some questione:
- do I need a mac or can i use windows
- do I need an actual iPhone or an ipad would work or maybe there are emulators for iphone?
- is there a wizard to port an existing project from b4a to b4i?
- does anyone know the cost of joining the apple store? I guess that would be similar to the Google developer console...

Sorry many questions.....
Thanks for some answers..
1. You don’t need a Mac if you purchase or subscribe the hosted builder service. You need Windows to run B4i.
2. I first started with iPad but eventually I get an iPhone with WhatsApp and messaging supported. You need a MacOS to run Simulator. You can use Virtual Machine (VM) but there are some requirements to meet.
3. There are no wizards but using B4XPages and XUI views are recommended ways to build cross platform apps. The layout can be copy from another platform and most code can be shared.
4. An Apple Developer account cost USD99 per year vs Google Developer account only paid once for life.