Google Adwords

hookshy

Licensed User
Longtime User
Anyone tested the google adwords campain from developer console ?

How much downloads do you get and how much you get to pay ? It worth it for you ?
Have you seen any improvement after campain ? or you just pay to get some download that comes from organic search anyway ?

Thanks

andymc

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've used it, it's okay, but very expensive.

I use it to give an initial boost to my download numbers. That gives you a chance of getting into the trending section in the charts, which then allows your download numbers to grow organically through the store. You end up paying something around £0.15 per install, so for 1000 installs, it will cost you £150. Now this seems like a lot, but if this gets your app trending, then you should see much better growth than without this cost, and you'll also get some money back from in-app ads if you're running them.

It's difficult to say though how much you'll make back, but getting a steady flow of downloads is the most important thing.

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
If I recall right @ilan tried it once but didn't get the hoped results.

If these adwords installs get uninstalled the same day again it will be even worse for visibility than getting to the same amount of installs of "keepers" over a longer period of time.