Android Question Google keys, licensing and optimization, is it worth it?

Branko Milosevic

Licensed User
What do you guys think about this offering from google?

1. Key Generation and Storage
1.1. GPAS is an optional service that provides a secure means of handling Your app signing key.

1.2. By enrolling Your existing app in GPAS, You agree to give Your existing app’s signing key to Google and to secure or delete Your copy(ies) of the key. For new apps, Google will generate a new app signing key for Your app.

1.3. You will have the ability to download and review any APKs you publish that are signed by Google.

2. Automated App Optimizations
2.1. By enrolling Your app in GPAS, in addition to the license granted in 5.1 of the DDA, You grant Google a license to modify Your app APKs to optimize their performance, security and/or size, for the life of the app. The modifications, and the timing of which, will be made at Google’s sole discretion.

2.2. For the avoidance of doubt, services provided in GPAS are not intended to change the purpose of Your app.

3. Permanent Enrollment
3.1. It will not be possible to retrieve Your app signing key once it is provided to or generated by Google.

3.2. You can unpublish Your app and publish a new app with a new package name, without opting into GPAS, at any time.

4. Optional App Optimizations
4.1. Google may offer You app optimizations, separate from the automated ones referenced in Section 2, that You may choose to apply to Your apps enrolled in GPAS.

4.2. You are not required to accept any of these optional app optimizations.

4.3. If You choose to apply an optional app optimization, You can opt-out of any you choose at any time.

karld

Licensed User
Longtime User
Nope.. Not me.
I have my keys secured in multiple places.
This includes, thumbdrives, cd rom disks, and a private off site server.
Copies also locked in a fireproof safe.

Upvote 0