Android Question google map API key

suciwulans

Licensed User
Longtime User
how to get google map API key? i try to get API key from credential, create new project, go to credential set restrictiion on android app, set name android app but how to get SHA1 fingerprint? on dashboard there is keytool? how to get these software on windows? i tried to enabled API service and found android map SDK when i enabled it, google take to new page for payment? i still try to get google map API key until now. can anyone have tutorial how to get google map API key? thank you

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
how to get google map API key?
Is the Googlesearch defect?
You get them from the Google Cloud Console
ut how to get SHA1 fingerprint?
Tools - Private Sign Key
B4A_B8691mXrtX.png

Upvote 0

RichardN

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have not registered anything recently but.... Google requires you to register a valid payment method before giving access to ANY of their APIs.

Access to the Android/iOS maps API is free with no usage limits. The others are charged at various rates but they won't bill you for the first US$200 of usage in any month. As a hobby user you will get nowhere near that number of hits. Of course if you have released apps to the store (free or otherwise) you will have to factor the API cost into your business plan.

Upvote 0