Android Question Google Map navigation control

AndroidMadhu

Licensed User
Hello,
I am using google map navigation to get the destination. I am able to call the google map navigation as it is being preinstalled at my samsung device.
But I want to control google map navigation such as I want to get the lat/lon as when I move from one place to another my user can see my car at google map.
For example you can take Uber application, where a driver use google map navigation to go to the pickup point. But I can see the driver is moving from google map.
How can I achieve this?

Please advice

Thnaks

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Car: You need to store the actual location of each car in your server. Using a jRDC2 Server for ex.
Other: you need to fetch the data for a specific car from your Server to update the car on your map with the actual Location.

This is a Solution you need to build by your own.

Upvote 0

AndroidMadhu

Licensed User
You need to store the actual location of each car in your server
@DonManfred .. if I open the Google map navigation, the actual application from where I am getting the lat/lon [From google map] is going to sleep mode as when this navigation runs , the main application going to background. Hence I am not able to get the lat/lon from google map.
How can I then store the actual location of my car at the server.

Thanks

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
How can I then store the actual location of my car at the server.
Use GPS Signal and update the Location on your Server.
Note that you can not control the Google Navigation App. I thought you were using GoogleMaps in your App to show the Car(s).

Upvote 0