Google Play developer: is it posible to have more than one brand?

JordiCP

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have a few apps published under the name Twouch Apps

Now I would like to have two brands. Let's say, the existing "Twouch apps" for some entertainment apps and "Brand B" for more serious apps.

Does any one know if it can be done with Google? It is not clear for me if this can be done from the same developer account or I need two dfferent developer accounts (and if this is permitted)

Has anyone done it?

hookshy

Licensed User
Longtime User
you can open another google developer account by paying another 25 $ same adress....
when you have problems with one account all other accounts will suffer to...you can even get closed

JordiCP

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks, that's good news!

About the possibility of being banned, I find it logical for obvious reasons ;)

cambopad

Licensed User
Longtime User
Google can mistakenly ban you anytime, so be well prepared for not being caught!

JordiCP

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Well, I asked Google directly and they said that I can have more than one developer account, BUT with a different mail address.

cambopad

Licensed User
Longtime User
@JordiCP In fact, you can have more than one developer account, but be careful don't get all accounts linked together because if those accounts are linked together, Google can chain ban all of your accounts when only one of your accounts are banned!

cambopad

Licensed User
Longtime User
How do you "link" google accounts together?

I guess you want to ask "How do Google link your google accounts together" :D For you as the developer, you don't need to link your accounts together because Google will secretly do that for you without your awareness :D .

So Google will link your accounts together based on many factors:
-You login to multiple accounts using the same computer and the same browser
-You use the same credit card to register multiple dev accounts
-They use Cookie to track you
-And other mysterious factors that Only Google Knows :D

JordiCP

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
@JordiCP In fact, you can have more than one developer account, but be careful don't get all accounts linked together because if those accounts are linked together, Google can chain ban all of your accounts when only one of your accounts are banned!

Yes, this is a risk. But despite this danger (hope this does not happen), it is no problem if both accounts are linked to the same person.

I am more concerned, if I ever release an app with in-app purchases or paid, that my address will be shown in Google Play, since I am a freelance and my work address is my home address

--EDIT--

As I also asked this to Google, now I have just received the response, saying

"Please note that a "physical address" does not necessarily mean a home address. You simply need a physical address where you can be contacted."

Last edited: