Android Question Google Play Error 963

ac9ts

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've had a couple of users complain that they can't download/update an app and receive error #963 from the play store. The work-around found on the (http://www.fixerrs.com/2015/07/google-play-store-error-963.html) net is to try: clearing the app's cache, un-mounting the SD card, or downgrading the play store app.

My app has always had the installation option set to prefer external. Since one of the fixes was to un-mount the SD card, this would force the installation to internal. This morning I updated the app and changed the install location to auto but it's too soon to tell if that fixed things.

Has anybody else seen this error and what, if anything, did you do to try and correct it?

yiankos1

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello my friend. I have same reports as you. I didn't changed anything at my code, but users reported me same error. What do you think gonna solve this problem.
Thank you for your time

Upvote 0

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I also had someone who wrote that she can't install my app on her phone while it worked fine on the tablet.

She didn't give an error number or so but maybe it's the same thing you mention here, @ac9ts.

I'll forward your link to that person.

Upvote 0

peacemaker

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It's some trouble with the place where the app is installed (no idea about the reason). My user has moved the app of prev version to the internal memory from SD-card - and this error 963 has out: app update from Play started OK.

Upvote 0