Google Play : Negative reviews attack

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,

Did anyone ever get a negative review attack on his app(s)?

I seem to become a victim of these actions on my Manic Maze app.

Suddenly a lot of 1* ratings and even 1* reviews with just 1 or 2 words in it.
In some cases 4 or 5 1* review in 3 minutes.

It made my overal average go from 5* to 2.2 at one point.

When I searched on my app name I could see it dropping down in the search results due to this.

The only thing we can do is report this to Google but I had a reply saying that these posts are still following their posting guidelines (no cursing, offensive text etc).
Maybe they'll review it if people use that flag or thumb down thing, that's not clear.

I my case I send my app link around to a few people from other forums which I helped out before and one person suddenly asked $5 because he installed it and gave me a 5* review. (which he later changed to 1* again)
I gently refused to pay and he promised me some negative marketing in return in which he seems to succeed.

Some people smell money everywhere and don't know any shame.

I don't mind negative reviews if they are based on something but this is pure harrasment.

Anyone else with such story?

NJDude

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It seems the doing of "microworkers", this is common practice from competitors, they hire "microworkers" and pay them 5 cents, 10 cents or whatever per review. Is there any other app similar to yours on Google Play?, of course you can't prove it, but check their reviews some might have a deluge of 5 star reviews.

stevel05

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I my case I send my app link around to a few people from other forums which I helped out before and one person suddenly asked $5 because he installed it and gave me a 5* review. (which he later changed to 1* again)

That you should certainly report, send a copy of the communication. That's blackmail and must be against the terms of use.

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Is there any other app similar to yours on Google Play?

there's tons of regular maze games, this one is more advanced since it involves crossings (bridges/tunnels) aswell which I didn't see on the store yet.