Google Play updating when a table is not a phone

Penfound

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi guys,

This little problem has just popped up and bitten me in the rear end.

I have an app which has both a public view and the members only view. The app determines who is who by reading the phone number of the device and matching it with a known number of a member.

However, two of us, so far, have acquired tablets and I have just found out the Google Play won't allow the app to be updated on our tablets because it says there are not compatible.

I am assuming that this is because I need to read the phone it. The app works fine when pushed from the USB because I have included code to read a unique serial number of the device instead of the phoneid.

To overcome this one, do I have to forget about the phone numbers and only read the serial numbers? OR is there a better way?

Cheers
Penfound

yttrium

Licensed User
Longtime User
This might be an issue regarding your manifest and how if you try to use phone features, Play will only let it install on a device with a radio capable of those features (non-cell tablets are excluded, as are media players like Samsung's iPod ripoffs).

I guess tds beat me to say that.

You should probably only use one method like device ID though, in order to get around possible duplicates.

Last edited:
Upvote 0