Android Question Google push notifications API

Nickelgrass

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,
a few years ago I made an app in B4A that used the google push API. Now I am working on a new app that also needs push notifications. But I can not figure out how it all works. I searched a
million times but don't get any proper tutorial on how to even activate that and get the API key for the push notifications. I can not remember it being that weird and unintuitive.
Does anyone now a current tut that explains it and maybe some example apps? I keep finding firebase stuff. Is this the current way how to do push notifications?
Thanks

Lucas Siqueira

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,
a few years ago I made an app in B4A that used the google push API. Now I am working on a new app that also needs push notifications. But I can not figure out how it all works. I searched a
million times but don't get any proper tutorial on how to even activate that and get the API key for the push notifications. I can not remember it being that weird and unintuitive.
Does anyone now a current tut that explains it and maybe some example apps? I keep finding firebase stuff. Is this the current way how to do push notifications?
Thanks

you must get your code from firebase cloud message to send the messages.

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

Nickelgrass

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for the answers. So I got it so far as to receive a notification on in my app. But there is no data in the notification. Also I need to address one individual phone. So how can I obtain the device ID and send it to my server to store together with a user profile?
What I want to do is that a user logs in to a website and do stuff. When done I would like to alert that users phone. I got a php script to do the API request but I am missing the device ID.

Upvote 0