Android Question GoPhone camera crashing app

cwt

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have a user who switched to a AT&T GoPhone and it crashes my app when he is taking a picture. The app takes and stores pictures for various reasons and has for many years with no problems. When he hits the picture button in the app to go to the camera and either takes a picture and accepts the picture or even cancels the action, the app crashes with the generic Android message, "the app has quit working....".

I have all the code related to the camera wrapped in Try-Catch to see what the error message is but it nevers gets back to my code when the crash happens - even crashes when he cancels out of the camera action.

Anything I can look for here other than convincing him to send me the phone for testing?

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Anything I can look for here other than convincing him to send me the phone for testing?
Post at least the full error or better upload a small exacmple project showing the problem.
The app has quit working comes when your app crashes. See the log for full detail.

Noone can help you without knowing the full error and even your code used

Last edited:
Upvote 0

cwt

Licensed User
Longtime User
My question is more related to the GoPhone - has anyone experienced problems with that particular type of phone.

As I said, this app has been working with the camera for years and I have hundreds of users who do not have this problem - only one specific user. In particular, the app even crashes when the user presses cancel on the camera screen.

Upvote 0

cwt

Licensed User
Longtime User
Here is a screen shot of the crash warning:

Screenshot_20230912-114844.png

This is all the message there is - not much to go on. It happens when this user opens the camera from my app and either takes a picture and accepts the picture or cancels the camera activity.

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
This is all the message there is - not much to go on. It happens when this user opens the camera from my app and either takes a picture and accepts the picture or cancels the camera activity.
Connect the device using usb-cable. Run the app from the IDE. Grab the error and post it.

Again: Noone can help you without knowing the full error and even your code used

Last edited:
Upvote 0