Android Question GPS library - last known position

pjetson

Licensed User
Longtime User
I seem to have found that if a device with a GPS was outdoors and working, and then was brought indoors where there is no signal, and then my app is run, my app will not be able to get even the "last known" GPS co-ordinates, because there has been no GPS_LocationChanged event since my app started listening to the GPS, and therefore the Location object will not contain any information.

Is that correct? Is there any other way I can determine the last known position in this circumstance?

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
it was not running at the time that the GPS last reported a position via the GPS1_LocationChanged event.
GPS1_LocationChanged is not a function of GPS.. this is the confusion.. GPS can not report GPS1_LocationChanged
it only transmits the location.. it's the library in your app that reports GPS1_LocationChanged, and if your app is not running then all information coming from satellites via GPS are lost.
you said you know GPS is not an app, but what you mention here (it was not running at the time that the GPS last reported a position via the GPS1_LocationChanged event.) If your app is not running, then how the event is fired, unless you believe GPS is an app?

Upvote 0

pjetson

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm sorry, Beja, but I just do not seem to be able to explain the problem to you. Now we seem to be arguing over whether I think the GPS is an app, which is clearly ridiculous.

Upvote 0

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I am not trying to ridicule your explanation because in a public forum people help each other. Just try the above library and see what happens. hopefully it will work.

Upvote 0