Android Question Graphics Libraries

Lary Yenta

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hey folks,

I was looking around last night and found a really impressive charting library. The library is called AFreeCharts and is really impressive! The only problem is, I believe that I will need to get some help writing a wrapper for it. I D/L'd a copy of Eclipse byt was completely out of my depth so, I am going to read through the library tutorials. Would love it thouogh if you guys could let me know what you think of it thoough.

Regards,

lary

keirS

Licensed User
Longtime User
It looks very good. It also looks like it would take quite a lot of effort to wrap the complete library. There are are nearly 400 classes in it. For arguments sake lets say there are on average 5 methods per class. That's 2000 methods to wrap. Not a trivial task by any means.

Upvote 0

walterf25

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hey folks,

I was looking around last night and found a really impressive charting library. The library is called AFreeCharts and is really impressive! The only problem is, I believe that I will need to get some help writing a wrapper for it. I D/L'd a copy of Eclipse byt was completely out of my depth so, I am going to read through the library tutorials. Would love it thouogh if you guys could let me know what you think of it thoough.

Regards,

lary
Hi Lary, is the graphview library not working for you?

Walter

Upvote 0

Lary Yenta

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Walter,

Actually, I love the GraphView library but there are a couple of things missing from it. Let me explain, because since you are so familiar with it you may be able to help.

One big thing for me would be the ability to have the date/time along the X-Axis. It was one aspect of the AFree toolkit that I really liked. Also, I really would love to be able to set limits on the Y-Axis. You know, a Min/Max? I know that you are super busy and I did not want to disturb you. I had a meeting this morning with the CDA (Canadian Diabetes Association) and they made a really good suggestion which was to release the app "as-is" and do the work to "fix" the graphics. As you know Walter, GraphView is a really nice product but my programming skills are probably not so good, what I really love about GraphView is how simple it is to use. I did look more at the work that will be involved in making a wrapper for AFree and I don't think that I have the skills to do it. Heck, I can't even figure out how to use Eclipse! (HUGEE face palm!!)

So, right now, I am going to look at getting the other code issues resolved and then take a closer look at the graphing options.

Cheers,

Lary

Upvote 0

walterf25

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Walter,

Actually, I love the GraphView library but there are a couple of things missing from it. Let me explain, because since you are so familiar with it you may be able to help.

One big thing for me would be the ability to have the date/time along the X-Axis. It was one aspect of the AFree toolkit that I really liked. Also, I really would love to be able to set limits on the Y-Axis. You know, a Min/Max? I know that you are super busy and I did not want to disturb you. I had a meeting this morning with the CDA (Canadian Diabetes Association) and they made a really good suggestion which was to release the app "as-is" and do the work to "fix" the graphics. As you know Walter, GraphView is a really nice product but my programming skills are probably not so good, what I really love about GraphView is how simple it is to use. I did look more at the work that will be involved in making a wrapper for AFree and I don't think that I have the skills to do it. Heck, I can't even figure out how to use Eclipse! (HUGEE face palm!!)

So, right now, I am going to look at getting the other code issues resolved and then take a closer look at the graphing options.

Cheers,

Lary
Date and time along the x axis can be done with the graphview library but i will have to look at the source code, i'ts been a while since i haven't worked with eclipse, i will try to update the library this weekend. Just for you ;)

Upvote 0

walterf25

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
WOW! Walter, I owe you a couple of beer, my friend! That would be excellent!

You are the BEST!

Lary
If i get it to work, you'll owe me more than a couple of beers, i want a lap dance too. :D

Upvote 0

walterf25

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

walterf25

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

Attachments

• BarGraph.png
    BarGraph.png
    35.6 KB · Views: 162
Upvote 0

walterf25

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The one I see is a bar chart? I meant as a Line Graph

Lary

Yes you will be able to choose between line, bar and point graphs.

Walter

Upvote 0