iOS Question Guideline 5.2.3 - legal - intellectual property

Full HD Streaming

Licensed User
Hi guys recently I uploaded my app bundle and I got rejected by the Apple team with this message saying:

Guideline 5.2.3 - Legal

Your app contains content or features that may violate the rights of one or more third parties. Specifically, your app provides potentially unauthorized access to third-party audio or video streaming, catalogs, and discovery services.

Your app and its contents should not infringe upon the rights of another party. In the event your app infringes another party’s rights, you are responsible for any liability to Apple because of a claim.

Next Steps

To resolve this issue, please attach documentary evidence in the App Review Information section in App Store Connect evidencing that you have all necessary rights or permissions to the third-party audio or video streaming, catalogs, and discovery services in your app.

I explained to them that I was using my own created material that I'm the content creator and that I did not see any attribute that requested any Audio/Video Downloading my app is a simple TV Player the only options it has are the normal features of a player as you can see in the attached image my question is what type of letter do I need to send since im the owner of the content and also the owner of the Radio and TV station and everything that will be played is my original content can someone guide me with this please i already explained to that im the owner of the content but they still are asking for a document it sounds a little crazy to me if I do a letter saying ME MY SELF AND I Authorize my self to blah blah blah...

Attachments

• 5ba1672e-fbe1-448c-9eb9-a0b769c97d96.jpg
    5ba1672e-fbe1-448c-9eb9-a0b769c97d96.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 104

RichardN

Licensed User
Longtime User
I find Apple very lazy in the conduct of their business. Rather than make enquiries to verify stuff like this they simply reject it and put the onus on the developer to gather evidence and present their case. To be fair they probably review hundreds of apps a week and expect to be spoonfed by developers.

It may have helped to put a statement as to the rights of the content in your Help / Readme file so the evidence was really obvious to a reviewer.

Upvote 0

Full HD Streaming

Licensed User
I find Apple very lazy in the conduct of their business. Rather than make enquiries to verify stuff like this they simply reject it and put the onus on the developer to gather evidence and present their case. To be fair they probably review hundreds of apps a week and expect to be spoonfed by developers.

It may have helped to put a statement as to the rights of the content in your Help / Readme file so the evidence was really obvious to a reviewer.
Thank you for your reply and yes you are right I provided a letter stating the ownership of my content and my app was published

Upvote 0

rickymdq

Hello,

Can you provide me with the letter you sent to Apple so they can enable the application?

I'm currently having the same problem and can't upload my apps.

Upvote 0

rickymdq

Hello,

Can you provide me with the letter you sent to Apple so they can enable the application?

I'm currently having the same problem and can't upload my apps.

Upvote 0