iOS Question Apple reject my app and i don't know what to do?

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
hi

3 times in a raw apple reject my app. my app allow to add your name and upload to a server so if someone adds you to his list instead of seeing your userid he can see your name now apple says that i share personal data in my app and i need to add a key for that but i dont know what key i need to add and how to show the dialog. i am using a msgbox dialog but this is not what they are asking.

Hello,

The issues we previously identified still need your attention.

If you have any questions, we are here to help. Reply to this message in App Store Connect and let us know.

Guideline 5.1.2 - Legal - Privacy - Data Use and Sharing

Your app accesses user data from the device but does not have the required precautions in place.

Next Steps

To collect personal data with your app:

1. You must make it clear to the user that their personal data will be uploaded to your server and you must obtain the user's consent before the data is uploaded.

Resources

There are keys for specifying the reason the app will access the user's protected data. When the access prompt is displayed, the purpose specified in these keys is displayed in that dialog box. If your app will be transmitting protected user data, the usage string in your access request should clearly inform the user that their data will be uploaded to your server if they consent.

For more information on these keys, please review the Information Property List Key Reference.

does anyone know what i need to do?

thanx

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Try google for the issue.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions...line-5-1-2-legal-privacy-data-use-and-sharing

I think you need to edit/specify the Data Types in App Privacy.

1705525033445.png

1705525084862.png

Upvote 0

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
My app has only one Plist key because I use AES encryption. Not sure if it applies to you.

B4X:
#PlistExtra: <key>ITSAppUsesNonExemptEncryption</key><false/>

Upvote 0

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
My app has only one Plist key because I use AES encryption. Not sure if it applies to you.

B4X:
#PlistExtra: <key>ITSAppUsesNonExemptEncryption</key><false/>

thanx @aeric but it is something different. they rejected my app again. i think i need to add a key and also show a dialog with the string in that key when the user presses the upload button. i can't find a solution and it is really frustrating.

Upvote 0

Andrew (Digitwell)

Licensed User
Longtime User
Can you provide some more details of your app?
Does the user enter the data that is uploaded or are you reading it from some other part of the Apple OS?

I have an app which register users and uploads name, email, phone number etc to a server and these have been approved by Apple. However, the user enters this information into the app directly.

I have setup the data privacy to state what is uploaded and that it is only used for account purposes. The app was approved with no problems.

Upvote 0

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Does the user enter the data that is uploaded or are you reading it from some other part of the Apple OS?
i allow the user to add his name (he does not have to) so if another user adds his userid his name will be shown in the clv instead of the userid only.
apple is sometimes really stupid. i have many apps uploaded with the same feature but for some reason they rejected my last app 4 times.
google now wants us to test our app on 20 individual users before we can upload it to the store and apple is making us hard time to upload our apps.
I chose the wrong profession. :confused:

Upvote 0

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Here is ChatGPT's response:

In an iOS app's property list (Plist) file, when you need to specify the text that will be displayed when the app is going to share the user's name and email address, you use the NSUserTrackingUsageDescription key. This key is a part of Apple's privacy framework and is used to declare the purpose of tracking the user or accessing their personal data.

The value for NSUserTrackingUsageDescription should be a string that describes why the app needs access to this data and what the app intends to do with it. This message will be presented to the user in a permission dialog, and the user can then choose to grant or deny permission based on this information.

Example:
<key>NSUserTrackingUsageDescription</key>
<string>This app requires your email address and name to personalize your experience.</string>

Upvote 0

Filippo

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
google now wants us to test our app on 20 individual users before we can upload it to the store and apple is making us hard time to upload our apps.
I chose the wrong profession. :confused:
No longer seems to be necessary.

Upvote 0

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
apple is really funny after 4 rejection i told them that i have removed the feature from the because they could not tell me what key to use (just told them, but still kept it in my app) and they again rejected it and after i send them a mail about how frustrating their support is and how they don't read mail ... they approved it 😄

Upvote 0

davemorris

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi

May be useful to see a copy of the email as it got a result and the App was approved. I normally find with these people they hide behind obscure rules which no-one (including themselves) really understands.

If the problem had persisted I suggest modifying the App to it's simplest form and if approved slowly slip in enhancements. I find it's the first review that you have to get over, after I think the App is only subject to simple checks.

I once got an App rejected because I used the word "Android" in the whats new notes. It basically I said no changes the App operation but the version number was changed to bring it inline with the Android versions.

Best of luck
Dave

Upvote 0