B4R Question GUUOOO Tech IOT-GA6-B - - Any info welcome (gsm/gprs module)

rabbitBUSH

Licensed User
I hope this is the correct place for this. If not apologies and redirect me.

I have a GUUOOO Tech IOT-GA6-B it looks like this :
IOT-GA6-B GSM Module.jpg

Its A6 based ... as in the part number quoted above.

I have seached the forum and find lots about A6, SIM800 and SIM900.

But I have not found anything about this module - SPECIFICALLY the pinouts to connect to an UNO R3.

I could use another board but I am in the middle of development and reluctant to change.

I found one place that said it had a manual for this, but, couldn't work out the download ... (go figure why people make these things so obtuse).

As far as I can tell, the thing will work with anything A6 based ... that still has to be tested.

Lastly, I am not planning at this stage to make phone calls, but, just do SMS / gprs, so I think, from what I have read up to now I can use the UNO power to run it since a) the venor site claims it is low power and b) I don't expect it to have big AMP draw.

Here's the question list :
  • Does any one have eprience with this module?
  • If so, do you have a picture of the breadboard and clear pin connections?

emexes

Expert
Licensed User
I am away from computer at moment, but: do a search for long range wifi. Might have been tested by that Swiss bloke on YouTube. It was some wifi range enhancement by a chipmaker. Real-life tested 1.2 km but probably was line-of-sight.

This video talks about the long-range mode of the ESP32.

Also about six months ago, I think someone on this forum was getting good distances with long-range Bluetooth (BLE?). New Zealand rings a bell. Also having faint flashbacks of a fish and chip shop... wtf?!?!
https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/bluetooth-4-0-data-exchange.103107/page-4#post-648037

Posts #61 to #66 talk about long-range Bluetooth using nRF52840. Fish and chip shop was actually a pizza shop.

Upvote 0

rabbitBUSH

Licensed User
Thanks, the NRF24s have arrived with a couple of other things. I'll have another look at tne N8 video and see if there is anything about his test concept rig, then along with the weather station, a goodie for the guy next door, 3 android apps hanging in the air..AND A PARTRIDGE IN THE PAIR TREE..I'll eventually let you know what happens. I think I have another arduino lying around to see what the range is on the NRF24 (bought the one with aerials PA and L something).

Holdthumbswe'regoingdowntherabbithole - turns out it was steak, egg and chips..............

Upvote 0

f0raster0

Licensed User
Longtime User
Last edited:
Upvote 0

rabbitBUSH

Licensed User
from NordicSemiconductor tests:
thanks @f0raster0 after a short quick read will have to get out the glossary and see if I can digest this all. one anticipation is that BLE devices might not become available here for a while yet.

been side tracked recently and still getting to the nRF24L01 set up and test, BLE is fine, its just a simple matter of tried and apparently simple nRF tech (and a learning curve with the bidirectional stuff!) ....

Upvote 0

f0raster0

Licensed User
Longtime User
From your post here

for myself I just wondered how to get arduino uno with NRF24L01 to talk through a BT mouthpiece.......to pass a message on to a cellphone....NOT A NEW QUESTION i've already made a posting about it as noted in #14 above......šŸ˜

I think, you should add more info
What you really want to do. In your posts, it's not clear why using a solution and not other, or what is wrong with your new modules nRF24L01

Upvote 0

rabbitBUSH

Licensed User
what is wrong with your new modules nRF24L01
@f0raster0 : hello again. What I was trying to avoid was the oft said response of "Start a new thread". The comment in that other posting was just to indicate that I had sought advice and asked a question here. If you recall I had noted that I had misread the text in a message in the original Beja posting.when @sorex responded.

Its not that there is anything wrong with the nRF24L01 units. I have not been able to tie up the project yet. @Beja 's link in the cross-post had the link to the earlier (original) post which had a diagram that spoke to the question in this thread, that's where I asked for the further information post, but afterwards realised I had misread what had been said.

I think, you should add more info

Pretty much all the information about my project is in this thread, and as at the time I started the project. I'll start a new thread when I get to the bits needing more information about Beja's original posting.

Ja...it got a bit complicated, sorry about the confusion. Sometimes early in the morning one forgets that the conversation might not be simply two way, but is in fact multi-cast.
šŸ˜§

Upvote 0