Android Question Has anyone successfully printed an image on a thermal printer from NVRam?

Dman

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have spent days and days reading every piece of ESC/POS documentation I can find and to tell the truth, I honestly think I am dumber now than when I started.

I have saved the image to the printer and can print it using the utilities software that came with the printer but for the life of me I cannot get this to print from my application. Text is fine but this image thing is killing me.

I have tried this line of code (FS p n m) where my image is in slot 1 of my printer:

B4X:
PrintBuffer = PrintBuffer & Chr(28) & Chr(112) & "1" & "0"

and gotten nothing. I have tried every variation that I can think of. I am not sure if I have to define the image first or what.

Also I have seen that the above command is becoming obsolete and it is being replaced with GS(L GS8L which screws me up even more. I am totally lost on that one.

Does anyone that has successfully been able to print like this have any guidance?

Dman

Licensed User
Longtime User
I hate hardware. The above code works great on my Bixolon printer but I got another one from Star Micronics and it wouldn't work. I had to change it to the code below for it to work. And it isn't anything like what they have in their own instruction documents. Geez......

B4X:
PrintBuffer = PrintBuffer & Chr(27) & Chr(102) & Chr(00)

Upvote 0