Android Question Printing on Thermal Printer (58mm)

George_G

Licensed User
Hello Everyone.

I am currently exploring the best way for printing on a thermal printer. I've been experimenting with "PrintHtml," but I've noticed that the print quality is not good.

Could anyone offer any suggestions or recommendations for achieving higher quality prints on a thermal printer?

Thanks in advance.

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm referring to the software inside the printer that deals with printing the image. Good that your printers deal with images better than mine and @George_G's printers but your experience isn't necessarily typical. I (and others like@ George_G ) have found that in general cheap printers need images pre-sized to their native dimensions or they print garbled.

Upvote 0

QSerg

Hello Everyone.

I am currently exploring the best way for printing on a thermal printer. I've been experimenting with "PrintHtml," but I've noticed that the print quality is not good.

Could anyone offer any suggestions or recommendations for achieving higher quality prints on a thermal printer?

Thanks in advance.
ZPL and FTP are your friends

Upvote 0

nwhitfield

Licensed User
Longtime User
I found when working on my app that the particular cheap printer I used was much happier with images where the dimensions were a multiple of 8 pixels.

Also, in terms of print density, if your printer is battery powered you may get far better results with a full battery than an almost empty one.

Upvote 0