Having Problems with NotifyIcon.dll

macroman

Licensed User
Please disregard this post... I finally found NotifyIcon.dll 0.3 zip and that solved everything.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

I'm new to Basic4PPC but have taken the plunge. In my regular job I do VB programming, so this should be pretty close in a lot of ways. However, I am trying to simply compile an example that was posted by dzt back on 7-03-07 called test3.sbp. In the post he describes the test usage as follows...

Compile it (needs notifyicon libraries and formlib) and put test3.exe, NotifyIcon.dll and FormLib.dll in your device
Run test3.exe, press "Show Icon", then the cross upper right.

You will see the icon in Notification Area

Click the icon...

I have a Cingular 8525 phone that I am trying to test this on. It compiled fine on my laptop. I copied the said libraries over. When I click on test3.exe on the device, the form1 appears, and I click the ShowIcon button. So far so good. but, after that in the instructions given it says... click on the CROSS upper right. All I see upper right is an "x" to close the app (whereas I believe clicking the "+" is supposed to minimize the screen, and then I should see the icon in the notification area). In any event, I never do see the icon appear in the Notification area.

I am not posting the code, as it is straight off the page where it was posted. Here is the link... http://www.b4x.com/forum/additional-libraries/524-notifyicon-libary.html#post2425

I simply download and open it, compile, and then transfer to device along with NotifyIcon.dll and Formlib.dll.

Any help would be appreciated as I wonder if the device won't support this (doesn't seem likely), I am somehow missing something here, or.....? It's probably something very minor, but I can't figure out what, so I am asking the experts.

Thanks in advance...

Last edited: