Android Question Headset 3.5mm devices

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by ocalle, Jul 1, 2019.

1. ocalle

ocalle Active Member Licensed User

2. emexes

emexes Well-Known Member Licensed User

When you say you wanna do a external device, does that mean:

- you wish to use headset button(s) as external/extra inputs for your app, or
    - you wish to build some external hardware and use the headset button interface to connect to it?

3. emexes

DonManfred likes this.
  4. ocalle

ocalle Active Member Licensed User

Some month ago i tested @Erels and @manfred examples, but today its impossible of disable "OK Google" voice assistant from Android.
    If you disable for example Google mic disable other stuff too.
    I wanna know is there some advance in this type of solutions..

5. emexes

Your English is way better than my Spanish, but I'd just like to confirm whether I should read "advance" as "progress", or "advice"?

6. emexes

I don't use Google voice assistant, or the headset buttons, so I have no solution, but... if we clarify with some diagnosis, perhaps somebody with a solution might jump in.

As I understand it:
    - you'd like to use the headset button(s) in your app, for something other than their usual purpose
    - the Google voice assistant is interfering with your access to the button events,
    - disabling Google voice assistant stops this interference, but has other undesirable consequences too

Do I have this correct?

If so, the next questions will be:
    - what is the interference with accessing button events?
    -- are they swallowed up and you don't see them?
    -- or do both you and voice assistant see them, and voice assistant is doing some conflicting action?
    - what other stuff is disabled when you disable voice assistant?
    -- what does that do to interfere with your app?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice