Hello everyone

IanMc

Licensed User
Longtime User
I haven't been around for a while but I'm thinking about getting back into it.
I hear that V8.80 is rather good so I'm saving my pennies :)

Erel is amazing and I think you're all winners for sticking with him.

All the best from me, ian.

IanMc

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Andy,
I am scratching my head.... with the power of buying B4 for both Android and IOS using Erels old Macintosh Lisa to do the compilation :) (just kidding Erel)
well, the world is my lobster

I'm rolling ideas around my head which has a lot of room as its mostly empty.

One offs... the app is a one off purchase and that's it

Subscriptions.. the buyer pays a monthly or yearly subscription

Free... T'cha!

Free with in-app purchases

Free with ads (does that actually work? or is it just annoying?) essentially annoy the heck out of people until they cave in and purchase the 'professional version'

Pay per use... what's that you say? well an eleven year old girl (or some such, she was a girl and had an age) made a web app where Chinese people could choose an English name for their child without the dangers of choosing something stupid such as Cinderella, or Placenta or such... half-a-dollar per pop she was earning about fifteen thousand dollars per year from it. I hate her.

so an app that does that. but something different coz wouldn't want to plagiarize

It's just that I've always known that there is a lot of power in being able to write applications for a machine that billions of people have in their pockets. Erel knows that too.

So as phones get more and more sensors it is obvious that the medical industry is where we need to go... and as people are wearing these devices in their pockets I was thinking.

Ball diagnosis.
Like, have you still got two? If not then major alert.
How often do you scratch them?
How full are they? and should a journal be kept on how often they are emptied?
Obviously couple with Google assistant so you can ask questions like:
Hey Google, how are my balls?

These diagnoses would depend upon which pocket you put your phone in.
back pockets could enable girls to ask "hey google, how's my ass?"
upon which the reply would be "You are the fairest of the land"

Last edited:

andymc

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ball diagnosis.
Like, have you still got two? If not then major alert.
How often do you scratch them?
How full are they? and should a journal be kept on how often they are emptied?

Well... I don't think you'll be plagiarising anyone with that one :)
Free with ads seems to work well, maybe add an in-app purchase to allow for extended features like supported more than 2 balls?

IanMc

Licensed User
Longtime User
three balls? interesting
I like the way you think out of the box

IanMc

Licensed User
Longtime User
You are brilliant Andy, ian says cleverly changing the subject, what, in your opinion is the cleverest app? making money wise.

andymc

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm working on designing my own idle clicker games, they are the most addictive for players and seem to make a fortune. I played idle miner recently and had to uninstall it cause I was playing it all the time, I even got close to buying things on it with real money which I've never done before.

IanMc

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for the info, I shall now go on to make them and get all the money from them and you shall have none!
Muhahaha!

Oh, how do you make them? please?

games... really? no, ball discovering medical apps?

A spell app! we all know that magic is in the realm of computers.
Cast a spell on your enemy for $5 and thusly the deed will be followed on the accompanying network called FacePlant.

dang it, a good idea and I splurged it for all to see :)

Actually I think I may revisit my BTinterface idea, the app I made that allows you to control microcontrollers such as the Arduino etc. via bluetooth.

I think its a good niche to be in but I made it into a hard-to-maintain monster of a swiss-army-knife app which was too complicated which probably put a lot of hobbyists off of using it.

I'm thinking of starting from scratch and trying to make it initially really easy to use where I can build complexity in gradually not visible to the user unless they specifically want to use it.

I'd also like to make a version for Android and a version for Apple so I think I'm going to need an iphone and an ipad.

Last edited: