Help Creating a dll

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
No pain at all. Noone is obligated to answer or help. It is a "COMMUNITY" matter helping each other.
And has lot of fun!!!

I understand you very clearly, as I'm also more easely driven to a chalange than to everyday's work....screw this bold, saw that iron plaque, etc....
I'ts more fun when someone just say ..."I need to do this, how do you think WE can achieve it?"

Thanks to you guys I'm ALMOST done, still one property manages to ilude me...The pictirebox.image property....All others are now working...

I used the same kind os statement but I think that the "Type" is not the correct one as the sharpdevelop error caching tell me:Cannot implicitly convert type 'System.Drawing.Image' to 'string' (CS0029) "

This is my Property code:

public string Logo
{
get {return pic.Image;}
set {pic.Image = value;}
}

PS.MSDN is very tricky to search and very not-objective in its tutorials, is there any site were I can get a good control refence tips??OR for that matter, any book you recomend?

dzt

Licensed User
A sample with a write only property (otherwise you should use a protected local variable to keep the image filename)

B4X:
public string Logo
{
set {pic.Image = [SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]new[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] System.Drawing.[/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008080]Bitmap[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2](value[/SIZE][SIZE=2]);}[/SIZE]
}

Last edited:

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Now that I have learn the basics of a basic dll with just propertie setting, i'de like to go further and include some handling inside the dll....

In trying now to create a boderless form (targeting the full .net framework), in order to create a timed event (private) to make it fade in or out ( two seperate events) for a splash screen...

Also I'm specifying the background image in the constructor area and sizing the form to the loaded image size...but how to do it with a property set image....

I need help regarding this...

Thanks to dzt and agraham, i'm able to set the background as a public prop but cant get the form to resize....

How to set the form left/top props, are they related to screen size or form(basic4ppc control) size?

I just can't figure out how to work with timers (form controls)
I need to add 2 timers and use 2 private tick events...

please help...