Help! is this traffic signal sequence correct?

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
TSignal.png
Hi all,
is this traffic signal sequence correct for both sides? your thoughtful input greatly appreciated.

JordiCP

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't think that the transition from red to green has an intermediate 'ambar' state in all countries. At least in Spain it goes directly from red to green

Second thought: depending on the country, they are completely useless :D

An Schi

Licensed User
For germany it is correct (iirc :D)
But like jordi said: it is countryspecific....

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Portugal and France too, red to green directly!

hum, I better watch out for ilan, I just got a ticket for going through a red light... glad I did, it means it was for ilan and he was stopped!

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
that's not enough for all tickets i got every month o_O

Hi Ilan,
I have an idea of an app that will prevent any future ticket to get to your mailbox. You have got to pay me first so I can explain it to you. I can send you the ticket, sorry I mean the bill if you agree.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Ilan,
I have an idea of an app that will prevent any future ticket to get to your mailbox. You have got to pay me first so I can explain it to you. I can send you the ticket, sorry I mean the bill if you agree.

I have the filling that i need to pay for this service on each ticket i get right? o_O

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have the filling that i need to pay for this service on each ticket i get right? o_O

Just a small amount for each click!
I wouldn't mind if you donate more.. After All you will be free from paying any ticket from DMV or whatever it's name in Israel.

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You're right guys.. From red direct to green.. but the green transitions through yellow for some reason.
I am also thinking about the two reds stay on together for a few seconds but the two greens would never.

pjetson

Licensed User
Longtime User
I think there are six states, as follows:
B4X:
State    East/West    North/South
1          RED          RED
2          GREEN        RED
3          YELLOW       RED
4          RED          RED
5          RED          GREEN
6          RED          YELLOW
The states repeat in that order endlessly, but with variables times for each state. Perhaps 1 second for states 1 and 4, three seconds for states 3 and 6, and however long you want for green in states 2 and 5.

You'd obviously need extra states for turn arrows and pedestrian signals.

Last edited:

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Naples, Italy: traffic lights are useless... :)

Yellow = pay attention
Red = you should go (just to avoid to be bumped by following vehicles) paying additional caution
Green = go on but pay great attention to those having yellow/red lights

It's easy. You never stop and always keep an eye on the surrounding flow... good luck!

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
A driver blocks traffic at intersection and doesn't go on green.. police approuched him and said: Sir! sorry but these are all the lights we have.. the only thing left for you now is to pull out and show me your driver license, registration and insurance cards.