Android Question Hide password during input (textbox)

jo1234

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

I have a textbox that is used to enter the password. I have set the "password" property of the textbox to TRUE and selected the InputType = 524288 (TYPE_TEXT_FLAG_NO_SUGGESTIONS) to suppress text suggestions.

The text in the textbox is shown as dots when the focus is somewhere else. That's ok.
However, when you click on the textbox the keyboard opens and the password is shown as plain text.

How can I show the text as dots when the keyboard is open?

thanks a lot,
John

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
B4X:
EditText1.InputType = Bit.Or(EditText1.InputType, 0x00000080) ' Dont use autocompletion on password...

Have you set the edittext to Password = true in designer?
snap0054.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jo1234

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, I have set the password property to True.
The problem is when I enter text. The text above the keyboard is shown as plain text. When I leave the keyboard, the text is shown as dots in the EditText control. However, when I edit the text again, then the password is again shown as plain text above the keyboard.

The Masked EditText library would be an option, but I'm still hoping that it could be done with the standard EditText control.

Any idea how I can prevent the EditText control from revealing the password when the keyboard is on?
thanks!

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

Mahares

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Any idea how I can prevent the EditText control from revealing the password when the keyboard is on?
Make the box color the same as the box text color
B4X:
Sub  txttest2_FocusChanged (HasFocus As Boolean)
    txtTest2.InputType = Bit.OR(txtTest2.InputType, 0x00000080)  'remove suggestion
    If HasFocus Then 
     txtTest2.Color=txtTest2.TextColor   'masks input
    Else
        txtTest2.Color=Colors.White    'or whatever color
    End If
End Sub

Upvote 0