HondaHack

Robert Valentino

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi guys:

Hoping someone other then I has been playing around with this.

I wanted to install my own music player on my 2017 Honda Ridgeline so I purchased this software program called Honda-Hack which lets you install your own apps on certain Honda's (My 2017 Ridgeline being one)

My APP installed just fine and starts just fine but can't seen to locate the USB drive with the music on it.

Now the Ridgeline supports Android 4.2.2

The general requirement is that you have to partition a USB with two partitions (first will be read only, second will be read / write) I've done that and formatted as Fat32 (another requirement)

Does anyone know how to to access the USB drives (my App works fine with other android device - USB drive [on my Phone] or SD drive [on my phone or other devices])

If anyone has any ideas I surely would appreciate it - I will surely report back any results I get.

PS: Forgot to say the 2 Directory paths I see are "emulated" and "sdcard0" but aren't where the music is

BobVal

OliverA

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Do you have a /storage folder? If you do, look inside of it for other folders and one may be your USB drive (sdcard1 ?)

Robert Valentino

Licensed User
Longtime User
Figured it out instead of using /storage to look for directory paths I had to use /mnt and now everything works fine

Played my first song and everything

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Figured it out instead of using /storage to look for directory paths I had to use /mnt and now everything works fine

Played my first song and everything

Looks like Android os is similar to Linux..
Mount Unmount ... But how did you use /mnt in B4A? Would you share parts of the code?