Android Question How do I get a LogCat file?

rleiman

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Everyone,

I'm starting to use AdBuddiz and the B4A library which they had was not working so I was sending emails to their account manager.

They told me to send them a LogCat file. I have no idea what this is and how to get a copy of it.

Please tell me what to do to get it.

Thanks.

rleiman

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Giga,

According to that post it can't be done.

Maybe there is a stand alone utility that will do it so I can send that file to Clara at AdBuddiz.

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Have a look at android-sdk\tools\monitor.bat

monitor0012.png

Upvote 0

rleiman

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Don,

I have the monitor running but I don't see my phone listed in the devices. How do I get the monitor to see the phone as a device?

Thanks.

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have the monitor running but I don't see my phone listed in the devices. How do I get the monitor to see the phone as a device?
You probably need to use usb connection and usb debugging enabled in your device. I don´t know...

You need to ask google how to get the monitor work.

Upvote 0

rleiman

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Don,

From your screen shot I see it connected to your device. I looked on the menu system of the monitor and did not find anything to connect the device like B4A does. If B4A can connect, I was hoping the monitor can also do the same. I guess wishful thinking because I got spoiled using B4A which is the best.

Upvote 0

giga

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Don,

Thanks.

How is your phone connected? As @DonManfred said is the phone in USB DEBUG mode?

Upvote 0