How much have you spent on apps from Google Play and App Store?

How many have you spent?

• 0$

• 0$ - 10$

• 10$ - 50$

• 50$ - 100$

• 100$ - 250$

• 250$ - 500$

• >500$

• Google Plat 50% - App Store 50%

• > Google Play

• > App Store

Results are only viewable after voting.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
have you bought any apps from google play or app store?

if yes, how much have you spent on it?

i have spend about 150$ on the app store and 2$ on google play.

so is maybe the app store better for paid apps?? what do you say?

(please choose in the poll the amount and what store you have spent more)

andymc

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have read that the appstore is better for paid apps, but this may be just that iphone's generally cost more so the users are more likely to have no problem spending more money on apps than android users.

I use the Google rewards app though to get more money to spend on apps, so I generally just use money I get from answering surveys on that to buy my apps/games.

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
I never bought at the App Store (because I don't have an iPhone for my own use). But about $500 last year on GP. Calm down : it was not all for apps but more for in-app purchases (I really more than often play racing games and need to buy nitro and upgrades to my cars)

stevel05

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm not a big gamer, I have a few card and puzzle games. Mainly free, but I have bought one card game (about £0.50) to get rid of ads and support the developer as I use it quite often. I have a bought a couple of music related apps (production not consumption) for the Ipad and Android to try them out.

It would have to be a very special app for me to consider downloading something that had in-app purchases.

As you may have guessed from some of my other posts, I'm not personally a big fan of 'social' apps. I tolerate facebook as a business need, and have tried Pintrest, Google+, linkedIn and a few others, but I don't find any functionality that appeals to me.

Any major computing tasks I prefer to run on a desk top, if I really want to take information or functionality with me, I'll write a simple app to do what I want and take that, rather than having to do things the way other people think I should.

wonder

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

MikeH

Licensed User
Longtime User
I bought Minecraft for my son to play on my Nexus 7 (he begged over and over). It was quite expensive, about $6 I think. He played it once. No more buying games thank you ;)

wonder

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It was quite expensive, about $6 I think.
Six dollars for a game, that's cheaper than a McDonald's meal. o_O

I'd rather have a business model based on sales, rather than ad-supported and/or freemium software.

mangojack

Licensed User
Longtime User
But about $500 last year on GP ........(I really more than often play racing games and need to buy nitro and upgrades to my cars)

@lemonisdead .. I'd seriously think about writing your own Racer , and program it to receive free Nitro ! :)

JordiCP

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
About 100€, the most expensive was MathStudio, it was 15.99€ when I bought it :eek:
Then a German langue tutorial, also an icelandic one, AIDE, and others which I don't remember to have used (but for some reason I bought them)

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
@lemonisdead .. I'd seriously think about writing your own Racer , and program it to receive free Nitro ! :)
In fact, in such games, the Scores Board is very important : I am in place #1324 / 40000 and knowing they are real players is very motivating. A kind of virtual Fast and Furious. So, why reinvent the wheel ? :)

mangojack

Licensed User
Longtime User
In fact, in such games, the Scores Board is very important : I am in place #1324 / 40000 and knowing they are real players is very motivating. A kind of virtual Fast and Furious. So, why reinvent the wheel ? :)
Our community little Rev Head ...:D

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
a surprise, google wins!
i guess the best choice for us devs would be creating free apps (ad suported) that includes inapp purchases. (B4A)

mangojack

Licensed User
Longtime User
Or Concentrate on Racer apps with inApp fuel purchases .. :cool:

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
actually i am working on one right now
Some ideas (taken as a mix from the one I use) :
- unlimited upgrades to a car : start with some components, let buy some others (imagine many components: tires, exhaust, engine, chrome). If you have the skill let the user suggest a car that he could buy (I would spend for example to compete with an overboosted Tata Nano)
- fuel : could be bought but only if its quality is better than the standard one other players are given. That fuel+ is expensive, provides more power but consumes quicker :)
- cars : never hesitate to publish free (standard) and "bests cars ever" (mustang, camaro, isetta). Don't be shy about the price (but reasonable too). Hard players will spend money for the exception.
You can even organize bids for limited versions. Those versions should be visible to distinguish from the other "normal players"
- never forget that the score board has to be VISIBLE so the players will have to come back to defend their place

:D

mangojack

Licensed User
Longtime User
These actually Race .. ? I would have thought more at home on a Golf Course .. o_O

tata_nano.jpg

@lemonisdead .. at least it is in your color .. a few stripes and your good to go.
and you have to do something with those tyres .! :)