Android Question How to add a library - pinch-to-zoom - B4A

AlexOfOz

Licensed User
Firstly, let me assure you all that I am learning heaps, thanks to your answers to my basic questions. I have progressed heaps, even if maybe it doesn't seem like it.

I have looked and looked for information about pinch-to-zoom, and have concluded that I need a "library" to achieve what I want to do, which is simply to change the size of an image by pinching. BUT, my problem is that I have never properly understood about finding libraries and then adding them to my program. I know that sounds too basic to be true, but that is my current blockage.

Can somebody pleeeease help me find the library I need - believe me I have looked and looked - and then explain how I add that to my program so I can pinch-to-zoom. The coding part is NOT the problem. It's the library part, ie. finding and adding.

Believe it or not, I would actually prefer to code it up myself. My expectation is that it will be a case of a double touch and coding the corners of my image to expand to the touch points. If that IS the case, please just let me know and I'll pursue that solution. I've already taught myself lots by coding stuff up myself from scratch. Every time I achieve a small gain, 10 new doors open in front of me.

Thank-you in anticipation.

TILogistic

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

Upvote 0

TILogistic

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

Upvote 0

agraham