B4J Question How to animate the layout of a "Transparent" styled MainForm?

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Guys,

I've been trying for a few hours now, to do a simple "shrink/grow" animation on my Mainform (the whole form) that is set as Transparent.

I have tried a for next loop: the anim is either not even noticeable, or, if sleep(0) is present in order to see the anim, it takes forever.
Tried anim the rootpane using setLayoutAnimated, but the behaviour is not as expected...

What am I trying to achieve?
Well, I like to complicate things, so I am trying to animate both minimize and restore actions...
As anyoune ever tried or done that? how?

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Steve,

Been "studying" your code... If I understand correctly, when the user presses the minimize ( or any other resize action button) you take a snapshot of the whole form, execute the resize action (minimize or whatever) that happens instantly, and then animate the snapshot to the fade-out-of-view. is this correct?
BTW, Awsome piece of code, specially your formUtils Module

Upvote 0

stevel05

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Glad you like it, Yes, that is how it works. It was a while ago now, but I am sure I couldn't find a better way to do this with a Transparent form. (That's not to say there isn't one, but I would have tried)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

stevel05

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I haven't used XUI very much, but from a quick test it doesn't appear that the animations can be applied to a form.

Upvote 0

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I haven't used XUI very much, but from a quick test it doesn't appear that the animations can be applied to a form.
I meant, not to the form itself, but using your approach, could it be more streamlined using XUI (?)

Upvote 0