How to create a Basic4ppc library

taximania

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've complied the 'working' desktop file to a device .exe

Guess what, it doesn't work :sign0148:

I've got net 2 installed, but other programs don't seem to see it :sign0060:

Capture1.jpg

And I love the MyMobile App from the other thread.
Screen captures are easy.

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Is there anyway of not showing "toString" as a dll option??

Any ideas on the image thing?

Louis

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi. This is a problem. The Pocket PC I'm running doesn't have the right hardware yet to support .net CF 2.0 and/or its apps. I may either have to wait until I get the upgrade, or forget about developing DLLS. Even though I can afford an upgrade, not all of us who are blind and use this assistive technology are as lucky, as upgrades cost hundreds and even thousands of dollars to get. It would be in my best interest to stick with 1.0 as much as possible so we can all get the benefit of my software running on the PAC Mate devices. Does anyone know if the .net 1.0 SDK is included in the demo of Visual studio.net? Thanks.

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Does anyone know if the .net 1.0 SDK is included in the demo of Visual studio.net? Thanks.
I don't know about the demo but the full version of Visual Studio 2005 can target CF .NET 1.0 device projects but to do so will (I think) need .NET Framework 1.1 installed on the PC. VS 2005 will install .NET 2.0 but not .NET 1.1 which would need installing separately.

dzt

Licensed User
HELP!!!

I have (hopefully) one more question...

In my custom form controls I have a picturebox, wich will receive its filename from a public property called "Logo"...
how to set it?

Picturebox.image=............Logo

please fill up the blanks...!:)

Exactly as other properties

B4X:
[B][COLOR=#0000ff]public [/COLOR][SIZE=2][COLOR=#ff0000]string [/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][SIZE=2]Logo[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][COLOR=#006400]{[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][COLOR=#8b4513]set [/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#006400]{[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2]Picturebox.image[/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#006400]= [/COLOR][/SIZE][B][SIZE=2]value[/SIZE][/B][SIZE=2][COLOR=#006400];}[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][COLOR=#006400]}[/COLOR][/SIZE]

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi. Thanks. I installed this SDK
According to the description of this SDK

"This version of the Pocket PC 2003 SDK allows you to create Pocket PC 2003 applications using eMbedded Visual C++ 4.0 (with Service Pack 3), and applications written in C# or Visual Basic .NET using Visual Studio .NET 2003."

Looks like you would also need Visual Studio 2003 to make CF .NET 1.0 dlls.

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The Pocket PC I'm running doesn't have the right hardware yet to support .net CF 2.0 and/or its apps.
Out of interest could you give more detail? I would like to know more about this as I thought any device that could run .NET 1.0 could load and run the .NET 2.0 Framework.

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Does anyone know if the .net 1.0 SDK is included in the demo of Visual studio.net? Thanks.
According to Microsoft

"The 90-Day Trial Edition is for users who want to evaluate Visual Studio 2005 Professional Edition. This is a time-limited, but fully functional, version of Visual Studio 2005 Professional Edition. However, none of the Visual Studio 2005 Team System features are present"

It does say "fully functional" so it should support mobile development. BTW you probably know this but the Express Editions don't.

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I've got net 2 installed, but other programs don't seem to see it
From your screenshots you appear to have both CF1.0 and 2.0 installed. Are you using a config file to make your app run under CF2.0?

http://www.b4x.com/netcf2.html

This is necessary as B4PPC produces CF 1.0 apps and for them to see a CF 2.0 dll they need to run in a CF 2.0 environment - which needs a config file for the exe.

dzt

Licensed User
Hi Louis,

The file you are looking for appears at my Visual Studio 2005 DVD at \wcu\NetCF and it's name is NETCFSetupv1.msi. Size: 4.744.704 Bytes

I can't find a separate download link at Microsoft.

Louis

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi. I wish that were true for me. The device is a PAC Mate from http://www.pacmategear.com and Freedom Scientific. The hardware it has doesn't support wm 5 or wm 6 yet. We have to send these machines for an upgrade to wm 6.0, which will then run both .net 1.0 and .net 2.0. These devices run OEM versions of the Windows CE Operating system. Not sure why this is, but that is the way it is. HTH.
Out of interest could you give more detail? I would like to know more about this as I thought any device that could run .NET 1.0 could load and run the .NET 2.0 Framework.

taximania

Licensed User
Longtime User
From your screenshots you appear to have both CF1.0 and 2.0 installed. Are you using a config file to make your app run under CF2.0?

http://www.b4x.com/netcf2.html

This is necessary as B4PPC produces CF 1.0 apps and for them to see a CF 2.0 dll they need to run in a CF 2.0 environment - which needs a config file for the exe.

Your post gave me an idea. I thought, if I add my version of the CF2 to the config files, (i had included), they might work. :signOops:
Version is already in the config files.

I've hard reset my device.
Re-installed NETCFSetupv2.msi and ran cgautil again.
2.0.7045.0 , 1.0.3111.0 both are now installed.

The dll example works on the desktop, not device.
If I compile for desktop it fails.
If I compile for device it fails.

My simple dll works on desktop and device.
If I compile for desktop it fails.
If I compile for device it's fine, as long as the mydll.exe.config is present.

The moral of the story:
I've given up .......

Many thanks to all who contributed to the thread and I wish you all well.
:sign0188: :sign0188:

I'm still here, but looking from a back seat on dll's :cool:

Louis

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi. I am now starting to think something's wrong with the configuration of my #develop software. Even when I build the ScrollBar DLL and try to use it with basic4ppc on the desktop for .net 1.1 framework, or the .net 2.0 framework with the proper .exe.config files in place, b4ppc still doesn't see any objects or methods to add. Also, do I have the write idea for building a successful dll to work with basic4ppc? This code has no errors, but once it works, I will be quite happy.

Public Class Test
Public sub New
End Sub
Public Function ShowMe() as string
return "This is a test to see if this really works!"
End Function
End Class

Also, could someone please send me the .net CF 1.0 SDK setup file from their VS package? I've looked everywhere for it, and cannot find it. Please send it to ftp://[email protected], no password required. Thanks and hope to hear from someone quite soon! You guys are awesome!

dzt

Licensed User
Hi Louis,

Attached is a the louis.zip, which includes #develop files for your simple DLL (and compiled DLL). You can use it as a template.
Also attached is a sample b4ppc file which works fine.

To see the test object at b4ppc (desktop version) is required to add the reference to your DLL, to the Desktop section.

Attachments

• Louis.zip
    8.8 KB · Views: 385
  • test10_Louis.sbp
    445 bytes · Views: 370

dennishea

Licensed User
math work in dll

Can somebody do a simple dll example in c# that does z = a + b. I have been trying to study all the example's and have managed to compile a dll and basic4ppc see's it and recognizes the variables but I can't pass the numbers to dll and get it to give me the answer. Would greatly appreciate source that compiles to working example. Thank you.

dennishea

edit:
I only have compack framework 2 on my desktop. Haven't figure out how to get 1.

Last edited:

dzt

Licensed User
Hi dennishea,

Are you using #develop?

Can somebody do a simple dll example in c# that does z = a + b. I have been trying to study all the example's and have managed to compile a dll and basic4ppc see's it and recognizes the variables but I can't pass the numbers to dll and get it to give me the answer. Would greatly appreciate source that compiles to working example. Thank you.
Can you post your project? I'll post it back corrected.

I only have compack framework 2 on my desktop. Haven't figure out how to get 1.

Look carefully at previous posts.

dennishea

Licensed User
dzt Hi

If by #develope you mean sharpdevope yes that is what I am using. Yes I can send what I have. I have tried to learn from the samples that are posted here and have understood some of it. The only programing that I have worked with is basic and I always get the job done but it's not up to the standards of a professional. I have ordered a book on c# for compact framework but is not here yet. I'm thinking when I do get the book it will problay raise more questions. I appreciate your help very much.

dennishea

I'm not sure if I did the zip right so if you need more let me know.

Attachments

• MyDll.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 347