Android Question How to get rid of [import com.google.android.gms.ads.identifier.AdvertisingIdClient;]

JackKirk

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've just received this notice from Google:

Hello Google Play Developer,​
As announced in our July policy update, Google Play added new restrictions on identifiers used by apps that include children in their target audience.​
Past & Upcoming deadlines to be aware of:​
  • Effective September 1, 2021, all apps that target children must not transmit SIM Serial, Build Serial, BSSID, MAC, SSID, IMEI, and/or IMSI from children or users of unknown age, or use SDKs that transmit these identifiers from children or users of unknown age.
  • Effective April 1, 2022, apps that target children must not transmit Android Advertising ID (AAID) from children or users of unknown age. Note that the April deadline is a change from the initial deadline of January 18, 2022.
  • If your app targets both children and adults, please ensure any SDKs you use which may collect AAID provide you the ability to disable transmission when the user is a child or of unknown age.
For additional information and to help with your compliance, see Data practices in Families apps.​
As always, we appreciate your partnership in building a safer and more robust Families ecosystem on Google Play.​
Thank you,​
The Google Play team​

It appears that "Android Advertising ID (AAID)" means the Firebase advertising ID.

In an attempt to comply with this new edict I am toying with removing Firebase from my app.

I have removed the reference to the FireBaseAdMob library.

I have removed all reference to it in the Manifest.

I have removed all use of it from my code.

When I try to compile now I'm getting this in the Compile & Rapid Debug window:

If I go to ...\Objects\src\...\app\...\main.java I have:

import java.util.concurrent.Callable;
import com.google.android.gms.ads.identifier.AdvertisingIdClient;
import com.google.android.gms.ads.identifier.AdvertisingIdClient.Info;

And I can't for the life of me find a way to get rid of these imports.

All suggestions appreciated...

JackKirk

Licensed User
Longtime User
Oops - I forgot to take out the java code - once removed it is all apples.

Sorry all - a classic case of the need for the ability to delete a thread.

Upvote 0
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…